Want to be a part of Amazon's fast paced and dynamic tax department and make an impact?!
Amazon is seeking a Tax Manager, International Tax, to join its Direct Tax Reporting team within the Foreign Reporting Group in London, UK. The Amazon Tax Department is a fast-paced, team-focused, and dynamic environment. The mission of the Direct Tax Reporting Team is to comply with foreign local tax reporting requirements and manage the worldwide, tax-related filings of Amazon's foreign entities.
As a member of the Direct Tax Reporting Team, the Tax Manager will primarily drive the process of managing foreign local tax reporting (non-US direct tax returns & tax accounting) compliance for various countries in the EMEA region and international aspects of the US GAAP worldwide tax provision. A highly organized, self-starter with excellent communication, collaboration and project management skills will be successful on this team. This position will be based in London, United Kingdom.
• Manage non-US income tax return compliance and payments including preparation of internal documents/ files.
• Manage advisers for non-US tax return compliance where returns are outsourced.
• Prepare/ manage income tax accounting under US GAAP, IFRS, etc.
• Interact with Accounting & other staekholders to obtain information required for tax provisions, returns & payments.
• Review and provide feedback on business initiatives from a local non-US tax perspective.
• Research and review non-US tax effects of various international transactions.
• Support international tax controversy teams on tax audits.
• Drive process improvements and coordinate with various teams to streamline recurring processes through automation.
• Develop and implement standard procedures for tax compliance and reporting processes.
• Prepare memos for senior management that document tax positions, provide analysis of options that maximize cash & ETR benefits and seek approvals to proposed recommendations.
• Review and distribute regular reports for management, including filing status of worldwide filings, taxes paid/accrued, new entity tracker, etc.
• Lead special projects, as necessary.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a relevant criminal check.
• Comprehensive experience of direct tax
• Professional tax or accounting qualification (e.g. CA, ACA, ADIT, CTA or similar)
• Significant experience with accounting for income taxes under US GAAP, IFRS, or similar accounting rules
• Fluency in English
• Relevant tax experience in a corporate environment or public accounting firm
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience of financial modelling and tax research
• Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects