Solution Architect (Commercial Banking)Lloyds Banking GroupLondon
based (please only apply if able to work 2-3 days per week in this location post Covid)Salary & Benefits:
£92,240 - £115,300 base salary, plus annual personal bonus, 15% employer pension contribution, 4% flexible cash pot, private medical insurance, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays. We also offer flexible working hours and agile working practices to give you good work-life balance.
Lloyds Banking Group are transforming the way we do Engineering. We've created "LBG Labs" and we're building multi-functional, co-located teams giving them freedom to bring technology to the forefront of our business. This will help us create new, and improve existing, products and services to help us really make a difference to our customers.Want to know more?
A Lab is a co-located team who work together on key projects to deliver value at pace by designing services that people find useful, easy and engaging to use. Typically, a Lab has a strong focus on complex problem solving in an agile environment where engineers are free to experiment and create innovative products which will transform the way our customers engage with us.
Our Commercial Servicing Labs are focused on improving support to our commercial customers throughout their financial Cash Management capabilities. Here's where you'll make a difference:
Your contribution will be instrumental to our strategy of simplifying, modernising, and de-risking the Commercial technology landscape, enabling the Bank of the Future and ultimately driving value for customers and shareholders. This is a key role at the financial heart of LBG, underpinning the long-term sustainability and integrity of the organisation.
What we need from you:
- Define and agree the IT Roadmap for our Customer-facing applications
- Track and manage work IT Roadmap, driving best practice initiatives.
- Shape our control framework, working through Engineers and Architects to deliver a patterns and standards set ready for modern digital development
- Act as a key partner to our senior software engineers, ensuring that our architecture roadmap is a key input into our technical delivery, as well as listening, understanding, and responding to the needs of the engineers.
We need a leader in Solution Architecture who knows and understands the challenges in modern software development. You can tell stories and build a powerful image of where we're going from an architecture and design perspective. This role is predominantly technical, but you will understand technology implications for people and process, and you will bring this to your holistic view of design. You will ideally have previous career experience in software engineering and therefore you will be well placed to define and sell your vision for Engineers, Architects, and Product Owners alike.
You will be dealing with senior stakeholders across our labs, demonstrating diligence, insight and willingness to challenge. This is a leadership role, providing direction for Architects, Lab Engineers and Product Owners, blending domain knowledge and deep technical expertise to coach cross-disciplinary feature teams to deliver high quality maintainable software. You will be flexible and responsive to the consumers of your architecture vision, challenging the 'Ivory Tower' view of architecture and recognising that design and build is a two-way conversation.
As a minimum to be seriously considered we will need to see evidence of:
- Prior experience in a senior solution architecture position.
- Strong understanding of modern software development practices
- Strong understanding of building applications through containerised microservices-based architectures, with a working-to-strong understanding of cloud methodologies
- Working knowledge of infrastructure and security architecture practices and concerns
- Have played an active part in architecture and design governance
- TOGAF or equivalent qualifications.
In terms of personal skills, you'll be a keen and comfortable communicator who is happy working with a wide range of technical and non-technical staff.
If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return? Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...