We are working exclusively with an entrepreneurial real estate investor to search for an ambitious and career-minded Finance Manager into a newly created role in their Mayfair offices.
The company has grown organically and certainly one to watch in the years ahead. Every hire is just as important as the last, and the Finance Manager will play a key role in the company's success story.
This real estate investor is backed by blue-chip Institutional investors looking to double their AUM in their next phase of growth. Their expertise means they can quickly source attractive deals in office, retail, student accommodation, and logistics in the UK and Europe.
You will have a chance to work with entrepreneurs and see first-hand how a deal is originated, negotiated and closed, which is unrivalled at this level as the investment portfolio grows and gets involved with many investments. Initially taking on a finance remit before taking on commercial responsibilities.
Given the nature of the role, we are interested in hearing from those working for a real estate investor looking for the next step. You will be supported by a high calibre FD who will nurture your skills and take you to the next level. The view is this person will become their Financial Controller in the next 18-24 months, encompassing finance, operations and debt financing.
A summary of the role below:
- Supervision of service providers production of consolidated financials during joint venture reporting process (Quarterly). Monthly standalone TB review.
- Bookkeeping and preparation of management account for entities and quarterly board packs.
- Adherence to tax reporting timetable and review of service provider reports/returns - VAT return review (UK and EU), Corporation Tax return review, CIS returns.
- Liaison with HMRC and filing of entity applications and submissions
- Management of service provider relationships across multiple European jurisdictions and disciplines (accounting, audit, VAT, CIT, property managers, board members)
- Maintenance of cashflow actuals/budgets at both property and group level
- Assisting with the production of funds flows and maintenance of intercompany matrix
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with service providers and stakeholders
- Liaising with group auditors in annual audit, providing information and supporting schedules as needed
- Maintenance of Companies House Records
- Statutory accounts drafting (if necessary) and review of stats produced by 3rd parties
- Other ad hoc tasks as required to execute the financial strategy of the business
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) working for a real estate fund manager/ third part provider, Prop Co, or REIT, with perhaps 1-3 years PQE where they are responsible for a portfolio of assets.
This is an excellent opportunity to join at an exciting time in a company's growth. For further information, contact Sunil Basra at Marks Sattin or for immediate consideration, please apply now.