Senior Buyer -Ingredients & Proteins - Global FMCG - West London - Flexible working - £45k - £55k + bonus & package To apply contact George at email@example.com
As part a recent of expansion and with the arrival of a new category lead, this award-winning global FMCG seeks an ambitious procurement specialist to step into a newly created role within their protein's procurement team. Described as the 'powerhouse' category of the group, you will be working to devise and implement strategy within the blue-chip procurement team.
Operating out of their centralised procurement function in West London, you will lead on sourcing projects across proteins as the category continues to expand and evolve. As an organisation with a highly established and reputable global procurement team, this role comes with excellent progression routes and training to develop into senior roles across the business. As a Senior Buyer - Ingredients you will be responsible for:
- Develop and implement procurement strategy for £30m worth of spend within the ingredient's category
- Manage the end to end procurement process from supplier evaluation and onboarding, to contracts management and beyond
- Working closely with suppliers and stakeholders across Europe to reduce cost base whilst maintaining quality
- Work on a cross functional basis with the NPD team to drive innovation and product renovation.
- Experience working across direct procurement, with experience in food buying essential but you could come from any ingredients, proteins or food buying background
- End to end procurement experience in an established procurement, managing complex category spends.
- Degree + CIPS beneficial
This is a fantastic opportunity for strong procurement talent to step into a newly created role heading up one of the most complex spend areas. For more information, or to apply, please contact George at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key words: Procurement, direct procurement, category manager, category buyer, supplier relationship, Stakeholder Management, procurement category manager, indirect procurement management, indirect spend, direct, professional services, procurement, west London, Central London, East London, Directors, Middlesex, Food, Meat, Fish, Poultry, Food Manufacturing, Supplier Negotiation, SRM, Food Procurement, vegetables, co pack, manufacturing, seafood.