Do you have strong negotiation skills? Great at building strong relationships with suppliers? Experience of purchasing raw materials and components? We have just the role for you!
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small but friendly procurement team within a global and growing organisation.
This role will be monitoring and managing the suppliers, processing purchase orders and ensuring stock levels are maintained. To be suitable for the role you will have knowledge and experience within a procurement position and ideally within a manufacturing establishment however not essential.
Location: Halstead, Essex
Hours: Monday - Thursday 7:30 - 4:30 (30 minute lunch) and Friday 7:30 - 1:30pm (No lunch)
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
Benefits: 25 days annual holiday, plus bank holidays, Flexi-Holiday scheme, where 5 days holiday can be bought or sold per annum, Company Pension, Life Assurance, On-site parking, paid sick leave after completion of probation, Refer a Friend Scheme
Duties will include:
- Establishing and growing relationships with suppliers
- Monitoring suppliers to ensure they are matching the agreed performance
- Negotiating prices and lead times with suppliers
- Placing purchase orders through the ERP system
- Ensuring stock levels are maintained accurately and accordingly to stock rotation principles
- Seeking opportunities to reduce procurement costs and achieve KPIs
- Chasing the progress of outstanding orders
- Ensuring full compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Reporting to the Team Leader with any purchasing and supplier issues
- Handling any other duties within the commercial function as and when needed
Key skills and attributes required:
- Experience within a procurement role
- Knowledge of purchasing goods
- Use of an ERP or MRP systems
- Ability to build a rapport with suppliers
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Have a flexible and adaptable attitude
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Results driven
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.