We are looking for an Assistant Accountant who can work on their own initiative and be a key player in a back office Finance team, supporting several departments of the company. To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will have the following:
Excellent communication skills, extremely organised with a high attention to detail with approximately 3-5 years + experience of working within a finance office and bring good Bookkeeping and Payroll experience. AAT or equivalent qualifications are preferable though not essential if you have solid experience.
The hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm though flexible hours can be arranged outside the core hours of 10am-3pm. (Earlier or Later starts & finishes)
The salary depends upon experience which will range from 24k-27k per annum + benefits + parking
You will be passionate about your role, driven and pro-active with strong attention to detail. The core duties of an Assistant Accountant are:
• To ensure accurate accounting records by entering the purchase ledger invoices information onto Sage Line 50 and ensuring accuracy of net and VAT figures.
• Balance daily cash and credit card transactions and enter the balance figures into Sage.
• Query management. Discuss, resolve, and explain any discrepancies.
• Weekly recording of payroll hours for approximately 200 staff, processing the four-weekly payroll for two sites.
• Match purchase orders, delivery notes and invoices and enter them on Sage. At the end of the month reconcile Sage with supplier statements. Prepare supplier payments.
• Bank & Statement reconciliations
The ideal candidate: Previous experience of working in a finance role is essential for this position.
Experience in using Sage Accounts is essential.
A hard-working professional with the desire to maintain and improve upon high standards. A team player with a hands on attitude.
If this sounds like an Assistant Accountants role that would suit you perfectly and will ignite your passion for all things financial, then contact Square Peg Associates today by applying now for this.