To provide ongoing support to all Student Advisory staff ensuring a high level of customer service while working in high-pressure environment. To maintain service recovery and Level 1 complaint management for the Student Advice Centre by responding to 'at risk' student queries. To provide cover in the absence of the Head of Student Advice Centre
A large University in Central London
1. To provide ongoing support to all Student Advice Centre staff and manage on a daily
basis the resolution of all enquiries to staff in relation to individual student enquiries and
enquiries from all stakeholders. Continued support to new staff and temporary staff
must be given to ensure staff are confident and knowledgeable.
2. To be responsible for maintaining service recovery and Level 1 complaint management
for the Student Advice Centre by responding to 'at risk' student queries. Investigating
both positive and negative feedback given by students and prospects and acting
accordingly. To further investigate and identify trends in enquiries/feedback and find
ways to improve services/information to reduce enquiries or negative feedback.
3. To supervise the training of all Student Advice Centre staff members and organise a
schedule cross training across the UoL Worldwide student lifecycle.
4. To deal with a wide range of often complex correspondence through a variety of
platforms including SID, Salesforce, Live chat, email and telephone.
5. To co - produce with the Head of Student Advice Centre a report for Annual
Programme Reviews across every programme UOL Worldwide offers, providing
statistical analysis and summary for improvement in student communication on that
6. To assist with training and performance management of staff in consultation with the
Head of Student Advice Centre.
7. To help co-ordinate and produce training materials and methodology to facilitate this in
liaison with UoL Worldwide colleagues.
8. To attend meetings as a Student Advice Centre representative as and when required.
9. To support the Head of the Student Advice Centre with Data Protection Subject access
requests and GDPR requests.
10. To provide 'cover' as is required in the absence of the Head of Student Advice Centre.
11. To assist with the support of webinars and conversion activity.
12. To actively follow and promote the University of London policies, including the University's Dignity at Work and Equal Opportunities Policy and actively promote these wherever possible. 13. To maintain an awareness and observation of fire and health and safety. 14. Any other duties consistent with both the grade and scope of the post. 15. Any other duties reasonably required of the postholder by the reporting manager.
· Previous experience of working in or providing an information service within the
University sector or a similar environment would be a distinct advantage.
· Managerial experience - including line management.
· Supervisory skills and ability to train and guide staff in multi-layered areas of work.
Able to explain complex and intricate regulations and structures with clarity and
· Previous experience -or other demonstrable ability to be immediately effective in
undertaking -work in a busy and challenging environment, including generation of
· The work is characterised by frequent interruptions and by pressure and
volume of work, so it is important that the postholder is demonstrably able to
complete work to high standards in such an environment, undertaking several tasks
simultaneously and to meet deadlines while working under pressure without
sacrificing loss of accuracy or patience.
· It is necessary for the postholder to possess the ability to research, collate
and understand data and new information quickly and effectively.
· A strong personal commitment to the provision of a quality service combined
with understanding of the need to adopt a friendly, welcoming, helpful and
sympathetic manner and the ability to deal effectively, easily and confidently with
individuals at all levels and from a variety of backgrounds, whether by phone, in
writing or in persons therefore essential.
· Works effectively both independently and as part of a team, adopting flexible
techniques to managing staff as required.
· Discretion and diplomacy in the handling of confidential/sensitive data. An
understanding of working with a diverse student body and environment.
Permanent position level 06