Senior Circular Economy Officer
Fixed Term, Full Time
Up to £34,017 per annum
Closing Date: 10th October 2021
Please note this is a 12 month fixed term/secondment opportunity.
Essex is committed to enabling inclusive economic growth, helping people get the best start and age well, helping create great places to grow up, live and work and transforming the Council to achieve more with less.
The Senior Circular Economy Officer will deliver and evaluate predominantly waste reduction schemes and projects, communication campaigns, reuse and recycling initiatives and partnership activities whilst supporting wider environment activities as required.
The role contributes to the preparation of reports to internal and external audiences including funding bodies, peers and stakeholders, detailing progress, development and impact of activities. The officer will contribute to the development of waste and circular economy strategy in Essex and play a significant role in gaining and maintaining the co-operation of internal and external stakeholders and partners, to ensure shared goals are met. The role is on the front line of waste prevention, recycling and environmental communications, delivering direct messages to the public.
· Responsible for project managing the development, implementation, day to day delivery, monitoring and evaluation of campaigns and initiatives including procurement and governance steps as required.
· Work collaboratively with Essex local authorities and other partners to provide support and maximise the impact of campaigns and initiatives.
· Contribute to the development and operation of other waste reduction, circular economy strategy development and environmental projects as required.
· Responsible for undertaking on-going research and benchmarking to keep abreast of latest advancements, developments, and best practice within the sector.
· Deliver responses to enquiries from members of the public and external organisations and businesses.
· Manage communication channels between all partners and stakeholders (including elected members and senior leaders) and provide information to the public through a variety of communication mediums, ensuring an effective two-way flow of information.
· Lead organisation, promotion and delivery of public and stakeholder engagement events including development of online delivery options and measurement of success.
You'll do great here if you
· Educated to degree level or equivalent by experience.
· Evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in communications, research and data analysis to support design, development and evaluation of campaigns and initiatives.
· A broad interest and understanding of waste management, environmental issues and wider circular economy issues.
· Advanced skills in written and oral communication. Confident in engaging with a broad variety of stakeholders at different levels via a range of channels.
· Ability to work creatively and effectively and including the ability to manage a range of complex situations and issues; very organised with good attention to detail and able to work on initiative.
· Experience of working with brand guidelines when creating communications materials. Knowledge of report writing and delivery.
· Evidence of experience of planning events, including engaging stakeholders, logistics and leading events on the day.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people, as diversity is key to our success. If you'd like to find out more about our latest opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news click here to join our talent pool .
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email or call us on . Lines are open Monday to Friday between 08:30 - 16:30.