We are seeking either an experienced Site Manager or good Project Engineer with experience managing contractors on a large site to start work immediately. This is a temporary contract until the end of January 2022 minimum.
Core working hours will be Monday - Friday, day shift, however there needs to be flexibility to work weekends and occasional night shift.
Hourly rate is between £27 - £31. This is PAYE not Ltd.
The successful candidate will work as a Site Manager with project engineering experience to be responsible for managing contractors who are undertaking a major fire protection system upgrade project.
You will review and authorise RAMS, carry out contractor site inductions, review traffic management plans, issue work permits under the company Permit to Work procedure, conduct regular site walks to ensure works are proceeding safely and as per the agreed programme.
Working with third party equipment suppliers to negotiate and agree external services.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
* HNC in engineering or equivalent engineering education
* Proven Project Engineer with site management experience in a heavy industrial environment
* IOSH - Managing Safely or equivalent
* CDM qualification
* Large project experience
* Problem solving and fault diagnosis techniques
* Working in a multi-national organisation with multiple stakeholders
* Personnel management, effective communication, planning & organisation
* Able to train and develop a high performing team
* Engineering design with the ability to read technical drawing and data sheets
* Analysis & problem solving.
* Knowledge of various mechanical drive arrangements and conveyor systems is required
* Knowledge of pipework installation would be an advantage
* You must hold a valid driving licence
* Third party management - building and maintaining effective working relationships with suppliers/external stakeholders
* Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in engineering or equivalent engineering education
• NEBOSH qualification
• Multiskilled engineering background
• Knowledge of water based fire suppression systems are desirable but not necessary
• Leading a dedicated project team comprising mainly of external contractors
• Liaising with peers Site Unit Managers, Engineer team, SHEQ team
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications, we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants, whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. If you would like to be considered for similar and future positions, or for a complete listing of all our current vacancies, please visit our website.