We have an exciting opportunity for an Instructor Technician in Electrical
to support our Construction learners at our outstanding Chichester College
. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, working 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. In return, we will offer a competitive salary of £18,914 - £20,677 per annum.The Chichester College Group
is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 5 Colleges based at Chichester, Crawley, Worthing, Haywards Heath, and Brinsbury near Pulborough which is land-based. Through our Colleges, we educate and train around 25,000 full and part-time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.In return for joining us as our Instructor Technician in Electrical, we will offer you:
Key Responsibilities of ourInstructor Technician in Electrical:
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership, plus more
Our ideal Instructor Technician in Electricalshould have the below skills and experience:
- Undertake administration related to course requirements and provide reports and statistics as required.
- Participate in marketing activities and promote the College for the purpose of gaining sponsorship, advertising, good public relations and increased recruitment.
- Liaise with Additional Support in specific cases to ensure students get appropriate support.
- Participate in curriculum area, College, employer/parent functions, reviews, meetings and promotional activities, as required.
- Organise daily activities within the learning environment, including the preparation and maintainance of resources, services and housekeeping.
- Provide assistance to individuals or groups of students within the learning environment.
- Implement and maintain the regulations of the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health legislation, including the reviews of health and safety policies and procedures in the workplace and undertake risk assessments.
- Participate in course review activities and the generation and implementation of new resources and action plans.
- Monitor and maintain equipment and prepare replacement plans.
- Order and stock take materials and equipment and provide feedback to suppliers as appropriate.
- Clean and maintain working spaces, develop a working environment and provide technical support and assistance for projects.
- Level 2 qualification in Electrical Installation, or willingness to work towards
- Level 2 in literacy and numeracy, or willingness to work towards
- Relevant electrical industrial/subject experience
- Experience of following/applying Health and Safety procedures
- Experience of maintaining relevant equipment
- Experience of ordering supplies, and maintaining stock levels
- Working knowledge of the electrical vocational area
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
Thursday 7 October 2021Interview date:
Thursday 21 October 2021
If you would like to learn more about our Instructor Technician in Electrical
role then please click 'apply
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.