Are you an Occupational Therapy Assistant looking to work for a company that supports, values and recognises your dedication to delivering great healthcare? If so, this might be for you.
You will be working 37.5 hours a week at The Avalon Centre, you will be working at The Avalon Centre, a purpose built neurological centre for men and women over the age of 18 years, who have an acquired brain injury.
Working within the Occupational Therapy department, you will assist in assessing, planning, implementing & evaluating the social and recreational needs of service users and develop a range of structured activities to support their individual care plans.
As an Occupational Therapy Assistant, you will assistant Occupational Therapists, Nurses and the wider team to provide support and care within individual and group settings. This will see you support users to engage in the care plans and achieve their identified goals and promote recovery.
You will be heavily involved in developing social and recreational activities, this includes creating effective therapeutic relationships and daily living activities.
A range of CPD and training opportunities are available that can see your career grow and achieve your aspirations.Other responsibilities:
- Help to identify early signs of relapse or crisis by monitoring the service user's progress, level of functioning and mental state and alert the appropriate staff involved in the individual's care
- To actively contribute to the development of the Integrated Groupwork Programme
- To maintain adequate records as required by existing procedures, entering appropriate details in the service user healthcare records as necessary
- Participate in planning protocols to develop the service
- To coordinate the monitoring of structured activities for a named ward
- To undertake driving duties