As a Biomedical Scientist, you will be assisting the Department Head in Biochemistry by performing speedy and accurate processing of samples. This is a high quality analytical role which enables the provision for a comprehensive pathology service for laboratory users.Client Details
Working with my client means taking pride in your team and delivering the highest quality care. They'll support your ongoing learning in an environment that features advanced equipment and practices, one of the best colleague-to-patient ratios in the UK and varied, interesting work. Description
- Biomedical Scientist
- Interpretation, validation and timely reporting of results.
- Assist Section Leader and BMS 3 with the day to day running of Biochemistry section.
- Ensure equipment in Biochemistry working correctly.
- Ensure internal and external quality schemes are performed.
- Liaise and assist specimen Reception and other sections within the laboratory.
- Adhere to Health and Safety policies.
- To communicate in a friendly, helpful and non-prejudicial manner in your dealings with colleagues, other HCA staff, clients and/or customers.
- Follow HCA policies and procedures.
- Follow SOP's and in accordance with manufacturers operating instructions.
- Stock control and rotation.
- Speedy and accurate processing of samples
- Monitor and enter results from referral laboratories.
- Deal with telephone enquiries.
- Identify own training and development needs and undertake training/education as required. Achieve competence in the areas outlined in the training manual. Attend HCA mandatory training.
- Maintain professional development records in compliance with IBMS and HCPC requirements. Treat all users of the service in an efficient and courteous manner and to ensure that all enquiries that cannot be dealt with directly are passed on to an appropriate senior member of the Pathology department.
- To undertake such work as you are assigned in a careful and efficient way and in compliance with UKAS and MHRA guidelines
- MSc desirable
- HCPC Registered
- Member of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences
- Fellow of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences is desirable
- Evidence of continual personal development
- 3 Years experience in laboratory environment
- Band 8 in experience
- Completed or in process FRC Exam
This is a full time role as a Biomedical Scientist with one of the largest Healthcare companies in the UK. The client is offering great career progression, training and education, in a versatile environment. The client is also offering a competitive salary with great benefits, and they are looking to invest in career development with clear career pathways.