Due to continued growth here at Anicca, we are recruiting for an Account Manager in Paid Media (with strong working knowledge in Paid Search and Paid Social).
You will join our award-winning agency team based in our office in Leicester city centre. However, fully flexible and remote working is available - with a minimum requirement of attending the office 4 days per month (either weekly or in short bursts).
As this is a mid-level role, candidates should have a minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role either in-house or within an agency and be able to manage your own accounts without supervision. However, we also have vacancies for more experienced candidates up to Account Director level.
We have a published pay scale and a transparent career path, with opportunities for rapid promotion for high-performing and ambitious applicants.The Role
For this role, the Paid Media Account Manager will be primarily responsible for the smooth and efficient delivery of our clients' Paid Media campaigns. So, you will either have experience, or be trained in a range of paid media channels, especially paid search and paid social.
You will be expected to independently set-up B2B and B2C paid media campaigns, across a range of channels:
- Paid Search and Display - Google Search, Shopping, Display, YouTube, Bing/Microsoft Ads and remarketing campaigns (within and across channels)
- Paid Social (Main Channels) - Where possible, you should already be able to set-up and manage paid social campaigns in Facebook/Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and Pinterest (training will be provided where required)
- Niche Paid Media Channels - When required you will learn, set-up and manage niche channels, such as; Amazon, eBay, Affiliate marketing networks, Shopping Comparison Engines (CSE's), DuckDuckGo, Reddit, Quora, Criteo, Spotify, Trip Advisor, Taboola/Outbrain, Programmatic Display, adroll, Sky AdSmart, podcast etc
- Paid Social (Niche Channels) - When required you will learn, set-up and manage more niche paid social channels, such as Snapchat and TikTok etc
For some accounts you may be working as part of a larger account team, where you could be reporting to a senior member of the team, or delegating tasks to a more junior member of the team (or trainee). For multi-channel clients, you will also be working with an account manager from the the client services team.Day to day responsibilities
After your induction and relevant account training; you will be responsible for independently managing your own roster of client projects. In order to carry out this role, you must be able to demonstrate practical experience and understanding of:Determining clients' needs:
Set-up of accounts and campaigns
- You will sometimes be required to assist in our business development process, this may include undertaking audits, researching the market and developing an account strategy. If applicable you may be requested to attend or present at the pitch meeting (with the business development team)
- Once a client has been allocated to you, you will liaise with them to ascertain their requirements, in order for you to set-up and manage their accounts on a day-to-day basis.
- You will be responsible for carrying out paid search account audits, producing account plans by carrying out keyphrase research and providing estimates of traffic, costs and return (usually leads, sales and revenue)
- You will be able to audit paid social accounts, in order to create paid social media plans; where you will recommend how to use different campaign objectives and audience targeting to achieve the business results and KPI
Technical set-up and knowledge:
- Creation of new Google Ads accounts within our agency client centre (MCC)
- Set-up of Business Manager and Ad accounts in other platforms, especially Bing, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Make sure that the correct conversion tracking/Analytics code has been implemented correctly (using Google Tag Manager)
- Set-up of paid search campaigns, using Ads Editor, Google Search, Microsoft Advertising.
- Set-up of other campaigns, targeting and advanced settings, such as; shopping ads, dynamic search ads (DSA's), networks, remarketing, geo-targeting, languages and scheduling etc.
- Writing ad copy, creating ad extensions, dynamic/responsive ads, determining landing pages
- Detailed knowledge of targeting capabilities and limitations within the platforms. Including the creation of custom audiences, remarketing ad Lookalike audiences
- You will also be expected to set-up and manage paid social campaigns in Facebook and LinkedIn (or will be trained how to do this)
- When required you will be expected to independently research or liaise with other members of the team to set-up more niche channels
Ongoing optimisation and management
- You will be required to ensure the correct conversion tracking / Analytics code has been implemented correctly, writing ad copy and identifying landing pages. Knowledge of Google Tag Manager would be an advantage
- You will also need to have a good understanding of Google Analytics
- We will train you on how to generate reports using Google Data Studio
- You will have experience or be trained in the use of various tools and software, such as Google Editor, Optmyzr, scripts, Trello, Project management/time-tracking tools etc.
- You will have a good understanding of methods to create and optimise shopping feeds, creation and use of Merchant Centre, creation of shopping ads in various platforms
- Ideally, you will be confident with using design software such as Abobe Creative Suite or tools such as Canva to produce basic creative assets and ads etc. suitable to different channels and formats
- You will be expected to keep up to date with all the changes in these paid media platforms and manage the account using current best practices
- You will be required to pass and maintain your qualifications for each platform including Google ads and Analytics etc.
- You can also develop your own personal brand as a technical expert by writing blogs, training, talking at our weekly webinars and external conferences
Essential Skills for the Paid Media Account Manager
- The ability to carry out ongoing optimisation and testing to achieve client targets and objectives.
- You will need to check accounts are on target for spend and amend budget accordingly, reviewing campaigns on a regular basis
- Client services, communication and project management to run the project on time and to meet the clients' expectations
- Creation of monthly reports and quarterly reviews, using Data Studio and PowerPoint presentations
- Attend client meetings to discuss outcomes of any campaigns that have been running (attendance at face to face meeting may be required in the future, however, where possible we are working to a hybrid model)
- Ability to understand and meet the clients' commercial as well as their technical needs, this will include spotting opportunities to up- or cross-sell other services
- Your prime objective is to ensure that we exceed the clients' expectation by delivering the results and KPI. This is measures by the proportion of your clients that renew their contract with us
- You will participate in our quarterly bonus scheme, which will reward you for success in all of these areas
Package and Benefits
- This role requires you to have the passion, desire and enthusiasm to inspire others
- Proven experience of managing and delivering effective PPC marketing campaigns (minimum of 3 years after training)
- Hands-on experience with Analytics (and ideally Data Studio and Google Tag Manager)
- An eye for detail and changing campaigns where needed
- Proficiency in MS Office and collaboration tools, e.g. Google Drive
- Project and account management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- Paid social experience would be an advantage
Anicca offers a great package with a range of benefits:
Although this role will predominantly be working on paid search and paid social projects, you will have the opportunity to learn new skills and gain practical experience in other paid media formats; such as digital TV, audio and other paid social formats and networks.
- A competitive salary, pension and holiday package
- Flexible working hours including part-time options, work from home and Christmas shut-down
- Continue your education with training and qualifications
- Attend industry events and conferences, with the opportunity to develop your own brand as a speaker and thought leader
- Breakfast provided each morning and Friday drinks at the office (when we are back in the office)
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- Birthday off after 1 year of working at Anicca