An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Residential Property Assistant / Paralegal to join an established national law firm's Residential Property department in Bedford.
The successful candidate will be joining the firm's Residential Property department as a Residential Property Assistant / Paralegal to assist the Fee Earner's in their Bedford office. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Dealing with queries raised by clients, solicitors, lenders and estate agents, whether face to face, by telephone or by email.
- Making detailed attendance notes of all correspondence
- Opening/closing files including AML checks, keeping files updated with correspondence (electronic and hard copy) and ensuring compliance with SRA regulations, Lexcel and firm procedures.
- Administrative support (including photocopying and scanning etc)
- Audio typing
- Preparing quotes to clients and drafting completion statements
- Assist Fee Earner in preparing report on title, report on mortgage and search report for clients
- Raising enquiries and replying to requisitions
- Carry out searches online
- Use Land Registry portal to submit registrations, replying to requisitions and ordering official copies, leases and title plans
- Generate Stamp Duty Land Tax calculations and submit applications
- Drafting forms such as AP1s and TP1s
- Preparing and submitting bills, receipts and payments to the finance team for fee earners
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience as a Conveyancing Assistant / Secretary / Paralegal
- Strong IT Skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge of case management software
- Excellent administrative and organisation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding and interest in the conveyancing process
- 25 days holiday as well as bank holidays
- Attractive salary dependent on experience.
- Monthly holiday bonus scheme (extra days holiday for each monthly income target achieved for region)
- Comprehensive training and development opportunities
If you're interested in this position, and you meet the requirements of the role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Zoe Alexander for a confidential discussion.
Our advertisements use salary and experience as a guide only. Interlink Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
*Please Note: Due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving we are unable to contact applicants who have been unsuccessful