Drawing Office Manager
Our client is a highly successful steelwork fabricator - based in Northamptonshire - they design, fabricate, and install secondary steelwork including mezzanine floors, extensions, gantries etc. and a wide range of Architectural steelwork such as stairs, hand railing, ladders etc.
They now seek a Drawing Office Manager
Role / Duties:
* Manage the existing team of Tekla / Cad users.
* Manage the D.O. program of work, planning issues dates to works and ensuring these dates are maintained.
* Liaising with internal departments, i.e. contracts to ensure the contract program is maintained with any variations or issues that affect the program are flagged up to relevant colleagues.
* To determine any overload of detailing work that cannot be handled internally and is required to be sent out to sub-contract drawing offices to ensure the contract program dates are met.
* Agree terms, prices and program with sub-contract drawing offices and deal with their issues and RFI's. etc. to ensure program dates are met.
* Ensuring all detailing work is maintained to a high standard and all CAD users are using latest software and are using the software to its best potential with additional training as required.
* Attend internal program meeting to discuss drawing program / updates / issue to workshop dates.
* Attend external meetings with architects, engineers, and clients etc. as necessary.
* Manage DO department personnel matters as the first point of contact for staff within the D.O.
* Candidate requirements:
* Must have at least 7 years' experience of working within a drawing office / detailing a wide range of structural steelwork projects.
* Experience using Tekla structures software is much preferred but exceptional candidates that do not use Tekla may be considered.
* Existing drawing office managers are sought, but applications are welcome from section leaders or senior draughtsmen who now wish to progress their career into management as a DO. Manager.
* Ability to manage people / detailers as well as external contract drawing offices.
* Be able to work under pressure, maintaining the drawing office program and ensure DO. staff are working to the best of their ability and have the back up to do so.
* Excellent communication skills are required.
* Leadership qualities.
* This is a full time, permanent PAYE position.
* Excellent salary and package on offer commensurate with this senior and very important position within the company.
* Career development prospects.
* Excellent working conditions and friendly environment.
If you require more information please contact our team at Steel Connexions in the strictest of confidence.
All applications must be accompanied by an up to date CV. (Agy)
Steel Connexions Ltd. is a specialist recruitment company, dedicated to the structural steelwork industry, and associated trades, owned and managed by industry experts