Associate, Sustainable Finance Grade 11 (for internal purposes) Location:
London Reporting to
: Florence Devevey, EMEA Analytical Manager for Sustainable Finance Key Roles and Responsibilities
This role encompasses being a rather experienced Sustainable Finance team member based in London.
- Work with all rating practices) with regards to the roll out/delivery of Sustainable Finance products (ESG Evaluation, Sustainable Finance External Reviews & Opinions);
- Over time become a Sustainable Finance expert in external engagements (Market outreach, customer interactions, ESG Evaluation preparedness meetings);
- Subject matter expert to support rating practices for ESG in ratings;
- Over time become a voting member of the ESG and External Reviews & Opinions committee;
- Contribute, as a Sustainable Finance expert, to individual ESG Evaluations and External Reviews & Opinions analysis (either as primary evaluator or voter);
- Research and write thought leadership articles;
- Contribute to the development/enhancement of our ESG and Sustainable Finance External Reviews & Opinions analytical approaches;
- Be a champion of analytical and customer service excellence in the sustainable finance field as well as with regards to ESG in credit ratings;
- Contribute to seamless working environment across the Sustainable Finance group
Success will be measured by:
Minimum and Preferred Experience/Skills (Basic Qualifications)
- Quality of External Reviews & Opinions and ESG evaluations produced (analytical excellence, quality of written reports, customer service);
- Contribution to ESG and External Review & Opinions committees as well as to thought leadership and market engagement;
- Compliance with relevant policies and procedures;
A blend of expert knowledge, analytical and organizational skills; Strong communicator with good interpersonal & soft skills. A good knowledge of S&P Global Ratings' methodologies and analytical approaches, especially related to Sustainable Finance, would be a plus.
- 3-5 years of relevant analytical experience, preferably in the field of Sustainable finance as well as a science-based qualification and/or finance/economics
- Strong communications skills with a view to eventually representing the company at variety of high-profile external conferences related to sustainable finance topics.
- Experience with Financial Services (Banks, Insurance and Asset Managers) a plus
- Italian or German speaker preferred
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
265422 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom