For the right hard-working individual, there exists an opportunity, with support, to grow into managing and taking responsibility for the firm's compliance function and ensuring that the firm operates and conducts its business activities within the applicable financial services legal and regulatory framework.Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Law, Finance, or related field. As well as 2 years' industry experience in an FCA-regulated business, ideally at a P2P platform.Duties:
- Advising the firm on its position as a P2P lending platform and loan provider, and taking steps to ensure the firm complies with all requirements applicable to the firm as an authorised person
- Advice and application of the FCA Handbook including the high-level rules within the Principles for Business, SYSC and SUP sourcebooks.
- Advising and implementing various parts of the FCA Handbook including the Consumer Credit Sourcebook (CONC) and the Conduct of Business Sourcebook (COBS) covering areas such as general conduct of business, financial promotions and communications, responsible lending, pre and post contractual requirements, arrears management and debt collection.
- Completing FCA returns for submission to the FCA
- Ensuring all customer documentation are up-to-date and compliant with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensuring the firm continues to incorporate a customer focused culture across the business and formatting policies and procedures to embed key concepts such as treating customers fairly (TCF), responsible lending, exercising forbearance and due consideration, and communicating with customers in a manner which is clear fair and not misleading
- Approving financial promotions to ensure these are compliant with the applicable financial promotion rules.
- Taking responsibility for the firm's compliance monitoring plan and ensuring appropriate monitoring is carried out and recorded.
- Analysing the firm's policies and procedures to ensure that these cover key aspects of the business, that they are followed and updated as required.
- Taking responsibility for advising and implementing requirements on data protection and privacy, and on rules concerning electronic communications.
- Advising and implementing requirements on various financial crime provisions, including anti-money laundering and fraud, including advising on the firm's reporting requirements.
- Ensuring that the CEO (and board) is kept up to date with all legal and regulatory developments and that risk is being managed adequately.
- Assisting the Finance Department in ensuring that all client money requirements effecting the firm are complied with.
- Knowledge and understanding of consumer credit, P2P consumer lending, general consumer protection legislation, anti-money laundering, data protection, regulatory & conduct risk and the FCA Handbook Rulebook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Companies House UK & Financial Conduct authority portals
- Ability to develop and monitor internal procedures
- Advanced Certificate in compliance
- Knowledge of risk management
- Experience coordinating litigation matters
- Diploma in compliance
- Consumer Credit Act 1974 and other associated legislation impacting regulated and unregulated credit agreements covering all aspects of the customer journey including pre-contract disclosure, form and content of agreements, servicing and managing arrears and default and termination
- Knowledge of risk management
- Comfortable with legal matters in relation to collections matters as well as assisting with reviewing, amending and finalising all commercial agreements between the firm and commercial partners and service providers
- Hard-working - Start-up work ethic is a must!
- Take personal responsibility - self-initiative mind-set and a desire to learn
- Communicative and team mentality - both traits are important and complimentary
- Organisational skill/Proactivity - Prioritisation skill with the ability to act in advance, plan-ahead and carry out duties proactively
Attention to detail - Must have mentality to check, re-check work and with a mind-set towards risks identification and mitigation
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.