High Growth Financial Services Organisation is currently searching for a Newly Qualified Accountant to join their growing London team. This role has been created through an expansion of the finance function that has arisen due to a recent merger. This role would suit a candidate currently working in Audit who is looking to make their first move into industry.
- Preparation of group company financial statements in accordance with FRS101/FRS102, ensuring that the audit and reporting deadlines are met both in terms of timing and budget.
- Prepare schedules and management reporting packs which assist management in reviewing the completeness and accuracy of the regulatory returns
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of legal entity monthly reporting and, where applicable, Board packs, and related commentary/analysis.
- Preparation of comprehensive audit files and act as the primary internal and external audit contact for legal entities managed.
- Act as an accounting expert for specific areas aligned to accounting standards (IFRS/FRS101/FRS102). This includes preparing monthly workings and posting journals.
- Review the annual financial statements of legal entities owned by colleagues in the reporting team.
- Provide financial information to the tax manager for tax computations and understand and post tax related journals (current and deferred tax) as communicated by the tax manager.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the capacity of Reporting Accountant for allocated accounting systems and processes. Also, make recommendations to improve systems and procedures that will increase efficiency.
- Recently Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA)
- Audit experience gained from a top 20 practice or Financial Reporting experience gained from industry
- Strong knowledge of IFRS standards
- Financial Services and/or Professional Services sector experience preferred but all industries considered
- Group/Consolidation experience - desirable
- Good Excel Skills
- CaseWare/NetSuite/TM1 experience - desirable
This role involves regular interaction with key stakeholders across the business and it is therefore essential that you have strong interpersonal skills. The organisation offers a strong flexible working culture and realistic opportunities for career progression into a managerial position in the future.