We are looking for a Technical SEO Specialist with considerable web development experience to join our growing digital team at Equiti.
The role is a unique opportunity to get involved from the start on a large scale web build project, collaborating and working alongside the Marketing digital product team, UX and Design team, Content and Engineering teams.
· You'll have demonstrable experience in executing large scale global technical SEO projects
· Detailed understanding of search engine algorithms to determine behaviour of crawlers and influences them to rank
· Sitemap knowledge
· Optimising load speed
· Manage keyword rank tracking and reporting
· Finding and fixing duplicate content issues
· Link building and outreach efforts
· Fixing indexing errors
· Installing SSL certificates
· Trouble shooting website performance issues, writing up detailed solutions for relevant teams, crawling and index errors
· Responsible for registering, fixing and maintaining weekly logs for SEO related bugs/errors
· Setting up and administrating of web tools, GA, GTM, Google search console
· Previous experience with React and understanding of progressive web apps is beneficial.
· An understanding of structured and linked data, with experience working with Schema.org and structured data syntaxes such as Microdata, RDFa-Lite or JSON-LD
· Proficient in crawl management - Log file analysis, Screaming Frog, Custom crawlers.
· You're confident using the most popular SEO tools: webmaster consoles, keyword tracking, and backlink discovery tools.
· You know how to make some basic requests from an API and build basic SEO tools.
· Bonus points for MixPanel /Amplitude experience.
· More importantly, you'll need to have a head for numbers, and show you can easily extract key, actionable insights from the data.
· Comfortable working on large datasets and proficiency using advanced Excel functionalities. Ideally, you'll have some knowledge of SQL.
· You've a proven record of assuming ownership and moving quickly to implement ideas.
Well-versed with HTML, CSS, JS, and site architecture
Ability to forecast and make calculated changes to website architecture/content
Theoretical understanding of on and off-page SEO strategies including backlink profile
Hands on experience in setting up and managing GA, GSC, Moz, Ahrefs, SEMRush and other relevant SEO tools
Functional knowledge of Chrome DevTools, structured data markup and AMP
Proficiency in managing robots.txt files, canonical tags, pagination and redirects
Conceptual knowledge of CRO and UX principles and practices
Anticipates common website challenges, providing detailed analysis along with performance recommendations