35-45k pa + quarterly profit-related bonus and lots of company benefits including healthcare and up to 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) is on offer to the successful individual!
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within our client's Accounting and Finance Department for a Tax Accountant to join their busy team. As the Tax Accountant, you will support the Group Corporate Tax Manager to meet the corporation tax and other annual compliance requirements for our client's UK Group Companies. The broad scope of this role will enable the successful candidate to develop both personally and professionally within a professional finance environment and in time will become involved in all aspects of the business.
As the Tax Accountant you will be:
• Supporting the Group Corporate Tax Manager in preparing the UK Tax Group corporation tax compulsions for (currently) 7 active companies and 2 dormant companies
• Preparing estimates for quarterly corporation tax payments on account
• Identifying qualifying R&D for tax credit claims, build claim from relevant costs and activities and submit claim through revised Computation
• Identifying patented product sales and calculating Patent Box claim for inclusion in revised Computation
• Preparing the quarterly (moving to monthly) VAT return
• Completing and filing the bi-monthly Irish VAT returns
• Proactively monitoring VAT compliance including the evaluation of transactions and potential for misstatement of Return values
• Working with the Group Tax Compliance Manager to develop an internal audit programme to ensure VAT compliance
• Monitoring import/export practices in relation to declarations, use of tariff codes and potential of duty misstatement
• Assisting with PAYE compliance where required to including CIS and IR35
• Managing the Group's transfer price policies to include updating Master Files, functional analysis for local files and general review and advice
• Supporting HMRC enquiries and audits in conjunction with professional advisors
• Providing training, communications and explanations on effects of new tax related legislation
• Assisting Group Financial Director in meeting their SAO obligations
To be successful as the Tax Accountant you will be:
• Ideally studying towards your CTA qualification with at least 3 years' experience
• At advanced Microsoft Excel level including the ability to work with pivot tables, v-lookups and h-lookups
• Capable of interpreting and reporting on data
• Able to establish working relationships from distance with minimal face-to-face interaction with the ability to influence local finance teams
• All-round PC proficient with the ability to learn and use a wide range of IT packages
As the Tax Accountant you will benefit from:
• 35 - 45k pa depending on experience
• Quarterly Bonus Scheme (based on Group Company profits)
• 8.30am - 5.15pm Monday to Thursday; 8.30am - 1.30pm on Fridays
• Option to work from home/office split
• 25 days holiday with the option to purchase another 5 days
• Matched Contribution (Salary Sacrifice) Pension Scheme
• SimplyHealth Cash Plan (allows you to claim towards health costs)
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Company Benefits Discount/ Rewards Scheme (includes cinema discounts, discounted hotel and theme park stays and discounts off many high street shops)
HOW DO YOU APPLY?
In the first instance please call us and chat to one of our friendly team about this role and other opportunities we may have available.
Alternatively you can submit your CV. However, if you have not heard from a Consultant within 5 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this particular role.