Robertson Bell are pleased to be partnering with a Public Sector organisation, based in Buckinghamshire, to recruit an Interim Finance Manager on a 3-month contract with potential to extend beyond this point. Our client is open to having someone full-time 5 days a week or part-time 4 days a week.Specific responsibilities include:
The successful candidate will:
- Managing, mentoring and providing professional development to a small finance team of 5.
- Ensure accounting records, bank reconciliations, purchase ledger and fixed asset register are maintained.
- Oversee the preparation of the monthly management accounts.
- Lead on the preparation of the annual forecast and budget.
- Prepare the annual consolidated accounts and statutory accounts.
- Liaise with external auditors and be their main point of contact throughout the audit period handling an queries they may have in a timely manner.
- Prepare and submit accurate tax returns.
- Be a fully qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) accountant with experience of working in the Charity and/or Education sector.
- Have a successful track record of leading and developing a finance team.
- Be able to present complex financial information in a way that is accessible to non-finance stakeholders.
- Possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral.
- Ideally be registered to the DBS update service.
Please note this role fall inside of IR35 and will be paid through an umbrella company.