Assistant Management AccountantRole Overview
Here at Yodel we deliver more than just parcels we deliver a great experience and that applies to your career too. We are recruiting a resilient Assistant Management Accountant to join our friendly Finance team on a permanent, full-time basis, based in our Head Office at the Royal Albert Dock, Liverpool. The key purpose of this role is to provide support to the Management Accounts Team.
What you'll be doing
As an Assistant Management Accountant at Yodel you will work with the team to ensure accuracy of the general ledger to provide accurate internal and external reporting. As well as accounting checks and balances this will involve auditing and improving processes and controls and high-quality business analysis to assist in understanding financial performance and key trends.
In addition to this you will also be responsible for the day to day duties below:
• Support the provision of a full financial control service to the business.
• Assist in the provision of a financial decision support service in evaluating and analysing business performance across a range of areas and initiatives.
• Contribute to oversight of adherence to Yodel financial policies and procedures, maintaining robust financial and cash control and governance e.g. Balance Sheet reconciliations.
• Provide relevant, timely and insightful periodic and ad-hoc reporting to enable the senior management team to understand commercial performance against key levers and KPIs.
• Work with business partners to support the preparation and analysis of plans and forecasts.
• Pro-actively investigate variances in expected financial performance to identify the root cause and pro-actively inform and, as necessary lead in taking corrective action.
• Contribute to the completion of regulatory and statutory returns for the business e.g. VAT returns, ONS returns etc.
• Provide information required for the completion of corporation tax returns.
• Work on ad hoc projects as and when needs arise
What you need to show us
The successful Assistant Management Accountant will have excellent verbal/written communication skills with an attention to detail. The key skill to this role is having a pragmatic, proactive and flexible approach to problem solving within a constructive and effective manner. You will have great time management skills, and a methodical approach, with the ability to prioritise tasks in a fast-paced changing environment. In addition, you will need to demonstrate the below skills/experience:
• You will be Part-qualified, experienced or trainee,
• A good relationship builder,
• Able to support and challenge colleagues from different functions in a constructive and effective manner.
• Interpretation of financial and commercial data, market trends and client/customer demands and expectations.
• Utilise data/information to help to identify and forecast trends and contribute to an understanding of the impact, opportunities, costs and risks to the business.
• Ability to assist in the management of issues with political sensitivity in relation to internal stakeholders.
• Good Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
• Experience of using an accounting control system, such as UNIT 4, SAP, Sage or Oracle
Why work with us
This is a brilliant opportunity for a self-motivated and diligent individual that is looking to develop their skills and experience within a busy Finance team. This role will be based primarily at Yodel head office in Liverpool, however some home working may be required (subject to current government guidelines).
The successful candidate will receive the following great benefits:
• Competitive remuneration package
• Study support for completion of your accountancy qualification
• Personal & professional development
• Pension scheme
• 3x Life Assurance with pension
• Discounted city centre parking in Liverpool city centre
• Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
• Staff discounts with other partner organisations
• 28 days holiday including bank holidays
• Bike to work scheme