Reed Accountancy & Finance Lancaster are pleased to be working with an impressive public sector organisation to recruit a Finance Manager for their developing Finance team based in North Cumbria, they have multiple locations so the role can be based in West Cumbria or the Carlisle area.
The roles primary purpose is to leave and develop financial operations working closely with departmental leaders, alongside the Chief Financial Officer and wider Senior Management Team. Continuous improvement and compliance are key areas of focus and the posy holder will work closely with the Finance leaders to develop and implement plans, to ensure standards of excellence across the business.
Duties will include:
- Supporting the CFO to provide financial reports and information to the Board of Directors and relevant local authority representatives.
- Support preparing the annual budgets and longer term financial forecasts.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of organisations financial reporting.
- Ensure full compliance with statutory obligations and financial regulations.
- Support external and internal audit.
- Ensure that external reporting and filing deadlines are met, including VAT, PAYE, NI and Pensions etc.
- Ensure compliance with Data Protection/GDPR and confidentiality matters for financial
- Bank statement reconciliation
- Posting of income and expenditure
- Completion of month end
- Preparation of draft management accounts for review
- Preparation of final management accounts
- Preparation of monthly Balance Sheets
The ideal candidate will have experience within a similar role or be looking to take the next step within their career & responsibilities as well as:
- An appropriate academic qualification to at least 'A' level standard, or be able to demonstrate competency through proven experience in a similar role.
- Appropriate financial qualifications (e.g. AAT and/or 2 years' experience in a finance section) or can demonstrate a sound understanding of financial procedures
In return the business offer, a competitive salary, generous holidays, great pension, bonus and much more!
If you would like to find out more about this role please contact Shannon McGarry, Executive Business Manager at Reed Accountancy & Finance Lancaster for more information.
Why REED Finance?
Reed Finance are experts in the provision of finance staff throughout the UK and have been established for over 60 years.
Shannon has nearly 8 years' experience within the local recruitment market and is an expert in Finance, she has a real passion and affinity with all things finance and has built a great network of experts across the North West.
Locally we have a dedicated team with over 55 years of combined experience and knowledge of recruitment within the Lancaster & Cumbria market so please do get in touch with us for professional, honest and consultative advice.