Senior Developer (Digital) - C#/MS Azure/API - Insurance - London, City
Our Client, a Lloyd's Insurance Underwriter is seeking a highly motivated, experienced technical candidate to join their Digital Products team to help develop industry leading and cutting-edge software. The Digital Team provides the know-how, technical expertise and specialist resources to apply and deploy pioneering algorithmic underwriting capabilities from across the business to a new range of products to help capitalise upon existing and emerging opportunities.
- Working in collaboration with the Digital Products team to leverage cutting edge technologies for commercial gain through the development of enterprise-level cloud hosted APIs, webservices, websites and customer portals
- Design and development of new application features and enhancements in line with business needs/specifications
- Evaluation of new technologies, frameworks and toolsets to ensure products are developed to reach the highest standards and their best potential.
- Designing, developing and maintaining tools to aid to help execute or automate tasks
- Providing support and mentorship to junior team members
Key Skills & Experience required:-
- Strong development in C#, .Net, ASP.NET and .NET Core technologies
- Hands on experience developing and supporting commercial, enterprise and scalable software within a Microsoft Azure hosted environment
- Familiarity with Object Orientated programming concepts, SOLID principles and software design patterns. Commitment to producing high quality and robust code meeting coding standards and industry best practice
- Experienced in both the design and consumption of API technologies
- Experience with Azure DevOps and creating/deploying/maintaining Azure resources
- Creation and maintenance of build and release automation (CI/CD) pipelines using Azure DevOps
- Experience in Financial Services would be highly desirable, but not essential