A successful growing business in Milton Keynes are looking for a Group Financial Accountant.
A successful growing business in Milton Keynes are looking for a Group Financial Accountant to deliver high quality information to the investor community, Board and senior executives by working as part of highly professional Group Financial Reporting team. The individual will have considerable exposure to the businesses senior management team and can expect to be involved in ad hoc projects (such as acquisitions and disposals) as and when they arise.Scope and Responsibilities
Skills and Attributes
- Responsible for preparing and delivering consolidated financial reporting
- Weekly sales, operating profit and debt report
- Monthly management, financial and board reporting
- Half-yearly and full-year external reporting and results announcements to the City
- Forecasts, annual strategic plan and budget
- Management of all data submissions, ensuring data is timely, complete and accurate
- Understanding the information received, ensuring analysis and explanations are insightful and useful
- Resolution of practical and technical accounting issues including an assessment of impact on business
- Responsible for the provision of financial support to the other internal and external stakeholders, including provision of information for decision making purposes
- Ad hoc internal and external financial reporting, analysis and modelling to analyse scenarios that impact the business
- Coaching of graduates and new members to the group reporting team
- Support for production of statutory accounts
- Qualified accountant (with a few years post qualification experience) either from a recognised firm or -with relevant industry experience
- Strong analytical ability and eye for detail and accuracy, with an ability to take a broader view as required.
- Technically strong with high level of awareness of IFRS and UK GAAP, including cash flow reporting, non-GAAP measures, impairment assessment etc
- Ability to develop solutions to complex problems and identify and implement process improvements
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in both head office and various sites of the Group
- Flexible and motivated team player with a drive to deliver and achieve in role
- Experience of large or mid-size plc reporting preferred
- Potential for progression into senior finance roles
Please apply or alternatively contact for further information.