Fulfil your potential in hospitals that make history:
Charing Cross, Hammersmith, St Mary's, Queen Charlotte's & Chelsea and Western Eye.
With five world-renowned hospitals, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is full of opportunity if you are looking to develop your healthcare career.
We are an NHS Trust of approximately 14,000 people, providing care for over a million and a half patients from north west London and beyond every year. We have a rich heritage and an ambitious vision for the future of our patients and local communities.
With our partners, Imperial College London, The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust and The Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust, we form Imperial College Academic Health Science Centre, one of 6 academic health science centres in the UK, working to ensure the rapid translation of research for better patient care and excellence in education.
We are proud of our heritage in innovation and we are early adopters of new insights in technologies, techniques and treatments for improving health.Band 5 Registered Paediatric Nurse - Oncology and Haematology- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Staff Bank
We are looking for compassionate, enthusiastic and motivated Paediatric Nurses to work on the Oncology and Haematology within Imperial Teaching Hospitals on a short -term block booking basis for 4 months working either day shifts, night shifts or both with continuous employment as a bank worker after this period.
A successful candidate will be an effective team player and will be committed to equal opportunities and non-discriminatory practices.
A successful Bank Nurse will be an enthusiastic, forward thinking, committed and motivated qualified nurse with excellent communication and leadership skills. Successful candidates will support the Ward Manager, Junior Sisters and Multidisciplinary team to provide patient centred care, maintain high care delivery standards and efficient, safe management of patients within imperial Teaching Hospitals.
Trust: Imperial Teaching Hospitals
Location: St Mary's Hospital
Wards Covered: Oncology and Haematology
Pay: Band 5
- Days: £17.05 per hour
- Saturday/Nights: £19.69 per hour
- Sunday/Bank Holiday: £24.24 per hour
Benefits of Staff Bank:
- Weekly Pay
- First choice of all available shifts
- 24 hour bookings service
- Flexibility to suit your lifestyle
- Holiday pay
- Ability to book your shifts online
- Free uniform and mandatory training
- Trust pay incentives and bonuses
- Long term placements available
A successful candidate for this role will have:
- A minimum of 6 month experience working in Paediatric Nurse role within a UK hospital or UK care home. (Please note candidates who have only worked in Care Homes, may be limited to Elderly Wards for a period prior to working throughout the hospital)
- Full vaccination history (must include full course of Hepatitis B vaccinations and blood test, 2 MMR vaccinations, a BCG vaccination).
- Ability to work a minimum of 1 shifts every 3 months.
- Pass pre-employment checks (including enhanced DBS, occupational health screening and entitlement to work checks).
- Online 'XChecker' form
- Informal 30 minute telephone interview
- Remote compliance check to provide you compliance documents
(Please note, it may take 3-6 weeks to complete pre-employment checks)
*Due to volume of applicants we are unable to contact everybody. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of applying, please assume your application has been rejected.