Strategic Finance Manager | Nottingham | Offering up to £68,000 + Benefits
This is a role that's far from traditional reporting - you'll help shape the direction of the organisation. As your insight takes the business to new and exciting places, your career will follow.
The team play a critical role in Group strategy, you will lead a small team responsible for looking at key group-wide projects as well as a multitude of ad-hoc business case and investment appraisals and analysis projects.
In addition to the above, the main responsibilities of the Strategic Finance Manager include:
* Apply your commercial and financial knowledge to influence operational outcomes and deliver results, considering both the short and long term
* Define and operationally improve the financial processes, models and systems (e.g. general ledger, forecasting and group reporting). Challenge, develop and implement improvements in efficiency and quality
* Define and deliver operational MI to executive stakeholders that drives and influences business action and cross functional understanding as well as process improvement
* Articulate financial concepts, results and impacts to non-financial individuals across all levels of the organisation and to external stakeholders
* Responsible for driving and embedding a culture of financial and commercial challenge
* Develop, lead and influence effective relationships with key internal and external contacts and be seen as a subject matter expert and key business stakeholder
Who the client is looking for...
* The successful candidate must be bright, commercially astute and hungry to succeed in a fast paced, high growth business
* The ability to challenge senior stakeholders and operate with appropriate impact and influence
* Exceptional excel model usability - the ability to use an appropriate richness of data in a model and create something which is easy to understand, and update by non-modeller users
Demonstrable work experience of designing, building and populating financial models
* Up to £68,000 basic salary
* 10% Bonus based
* 8% Matched Pension
* Private Healthcare
* Very Flexible working - opportunity to work from home
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client.