DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We help people into work, and make payments worth over £195bn a year to support some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
We are looking for a Technical Lead to work with us on the design and implementation of cutting edge digital services.
You'll join our community of tech experts in DWP Digital. We're driving a once-in-a-generation transformation of government services, using fresh ideas and leading-edge technologies to create innovative, scalable and user-centric digital solutions.
The DWP products and services we maintain and modernise will be used by nearly every person in the UK, at key moments in their lives. The scale of what we do is extraordinary, and our scale and purpose is unique. We'd love you to join us.Delivery. Work. Projects.
As a Technical Lead you'll be using your deep technical understanding to guide and support a multi-disciplinary team, translating business requirements into actionable technical tasks in line with the strategy and roadmap to design and implement innovative digital services that will positively impact thousands of DWP Users.What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
Details. Wages. Perks.
- You'll need a breadth and depth of technical knowledge across mobile device management, VPN services, single sign-on, and MacOS and Windows build.
- Systems Design
- Governance and Assurance
- Design Secure Systems
You'll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Manchester.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills, we offer a competitive salary of up to £87,933 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package starting at 26 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
for more information and to start your application.