Position: IT Business Analyst - FTSE100 client
Location: Central London, zone 1
Start date: ASAP - 4 weeks
Role type: Permanent Salary: £70-75K + £10K non-contributory pension + 15-20% bonus + medical insurance + 5 weeks holThe Client
Our client is an award winning & thriving International FTSE 100 company based in Central London who are seeking a new Business Analyst to be a key part of the Group Technology team. They are looking for a focused, detail orientated individual who possesses creative problem-solving skills and works well in a team environment. You will be responsible for supporting a portfolio of new and existing Projects with delivery of key project and Business as usual change requests, scoping, detailed requirement gathering & delivery.The Role as IT Business Analyst:
The position is to work multiple business and digital applications across the technology department. Duties include;
Requirements of the IT Business Analyst:
- Facilitate workshops with key business stakeholders to:
- Gather issues and challenges currently experienced.
- Discuss, agree and document the to-be processes
- Provide input and insight into best practice
- Document the to-be processes and handbook.
- Perform a gap analysis against existing systems.
- Requirements gathering and specification skills - including standard approaches for assimilation and presentation
- Conduct requirements elicitation and prioritisation with business stakeholders and the delivery team including functional, non-functional and technical requirements
- Strong analytical skills, ability to understand problem domain and express complexity in clear terms to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- The ability to translate business requirements into detailed functional design either using UML (UseCases, Activity/State Diagrams, Process Mapping, Work Shops)
- Stakeholder (internal/external) relationship management
- Create and manage functional specification together with creative, user experience and technical stakeholders
- Support project manager during project planning and delivery, including estimation, risk management, briefing of technical and quality assurance teams, issue resolution, client status updates and testing
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience working as a Business Analyst.
- Experience with digital business systems and the underlying business processes.
- Some exposure to Agile
- Proven experience in gathering business and functional requirements through a variety of methods, interacting directly with end users and senior business stakeholders alike.
- Experience in writing UAT scripts and manage UAT activities
- End to end experience of the systems project life cycle, with proven experience of delivering projects using different methodologies
- Demonstrable evidence of documenting and analysing complex business processes.
- Previous experience of delivering digital projects encompassing both website and mobile application development.
- Demonstrable experience writing requirements specifications for Information Systems
- A flexible approach, with the ability to quickly adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as customer service skills.