Prospero Teaching are currently recruiting for an SEN Teacher to work at a Special Needs School in the Taunton area, which caters for children with autism, challenging behaviour and social emotional and mental health needs.
At Prospero Teaching, we are partnered with mainstream schools, Alternative Provision schools and Pupil Referral Units (PRU), and local councils and SEND Teams across Somerset. On this occasion, we are looking for an experienced SEN Teacher to work with secondary students.
As an SEN Teacher, you will be working with students with behavioural difficulties and Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs on a full-time basis. Your role will involve planning and delivering a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum which meets the objectives of each students Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP). You will also be expected to plan activities that help develop social skills and communication.
The successful candidate will have a strong background working with a range of special educational needs and will ideally have previous experience working with children and young people with complex mental health, SEMH, challenging behaviour, ADHD and/or EBD. These positions are open to individuals who may have experience working with these special needs, and to those who have limited experience but a passion to learn more within this field.
Meetings and Interviews will be conducted as soon as possible, so please call or email a copy of your CV to to be considered.VACANCY DETAILS:
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Location: Taunton
- Position: SEN Teacher
- Contract: temporary, potential to go long-term
- Hours: full-time, 8.20am - 4pm
- Start Date: ASAP
- End Date: TBC
- Pay Rate: £100+ per day (negotiable)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Qualified Teacher with a PGCE and QTS status
- Experience working with students with Special Educational Needs (ideally in an SEN setting)
- Strong understanding of special educational needs
- Resilient, charismatic and compassionate
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year - Prospero can provide this
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you're looking for an exciting new role, please contact the Children's Education Services Team on for more information or send an up to date copy of your CV to !