Flexible - Home WorkingContract:
Specific-Term Full-Time (6-month FTC)
This is an opportunity to undertake a varied and challenging role in the new virtual Finance Operations Team. Key to the role will be working with the sub-regional Finance Business Partners and project teams to support on finance related activities, and actively participating in finance projects and continuous improvement activities within Finance Operations and the wider business.You will make an impact in this role by:
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Review project forecasts with project managers regularly, and update Project Forecasts.
- Use CRM proactively, ensuring financial data is accurate, following up with project managers as necessary, reviewing pipeline activity and ensuring that job number applications comply with protocols.
- Advise Project Managers on appropriate financial set up for projects.
- Work with PMs on preparation of fee invoices, ensuring timely and accurate invoicing to clients.
- Take responsibility for general financial housekeeping activity, such as checking dead job numbers, as required.
- Monitor the financial performance of projects, including income against costs, WIP and cashflow.
- Prepare monthly reports for leaders
- Assist with Operating Plan process as required.
- Liaise with the shared service centre on supplier related and payment topics as applicable.
- Maintain a strong and effective working relationship with local project teams, Finance Business Partners and the wider Finance community.
- Lead / support on business and finance projects and other ad hoc activities as required.
- Proven experience in a similar role in a professional environment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Internal candidates: Excellent knowledge of businesses and finance systems, processes and procedures
- Good attention to detail and strong analytical skills, with the ability to challenge and explain financial information, systems and processes to a variety of audiences
- Excellent communication skills and able to collaborate across the Finance community and with the sub-regional groups
- Proactive approach, with the ability to anticipate and pre-empt problems and identify improvement opportunities
- Ability to cope with deadlines.
- Ideally degree level, but minimum of two A levels or equivalent
- Finance-related qualification would be useful, eg Level 4 NVQ in finance, or AAT/CIMA part qualified.