A health clubs chain is recuriting a Payroll Assistant!
Intial 4 week contract with extenstion potential.Your purpose:
Duties and responsibilities:
- To inspire people to live an active life
- To support the Senior Payroll Advisor in the payroll operations, ensuring each stage of the payroll process is properly actioned, that team members are paid correctly and correct payments are made and appropriate information is communicated to our pension providers, HMRC and other statutory and pension scheme bodies
- Ensuring all team member and third party correspondence is responded to in a timely fashion and professionally
RequirementsWe'd like you to have...
- To accurately prepare and input payroll data into the payroll database (Ingenuity at Work (IAW)) to include starters, leavers and amendments
- To administer and calculate casual team members pay, overtime, SSP, SMP, Pensions and other adjustments
- To be responsible for the timely and accurate completion of the monthly payroll
- Complete all statutory and regulatory monthly and annual returns required by, for example, HMRC and our pension providers • Excellent communication/interpersonal skills and the ability to resolve all pay calculations
- To keep up to date with relevant regulations/legislation and determine the impact of any changes, taking action to implement changes where necessary
- Ensuring all team members are kept informed of changes which may impact the Company or individuals
- Liaise with HMRC, DWP and other appropriate third parties to resolve any queries they may have
We'd love you to have....
- Experience of working with IAW software
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to resolve complex financial and payroll issues
- Excellent IT skills with ability to produce a variety of correspondence#
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- We can't live without....
- Previous experience in a Payroll role in a medium sized business
- Knowledge of payroll systems, taxation and national insurance rules
- Experience of using complex computerised payroll systems involving all aspects of payroll
- In-depth knowledge of relevant legislation relating to Payroll and Pensions
- Strong numerical skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Analytical and methodical
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Salary: £13 per hour
- Hybrid working