FPSG have recently started working with a really exciting consultancy who are working on a global scale. This is a great chance to join a global leader in IT services, consulting & business solutions with a large network of innovation & delivery centres.
The role requires a minimum of 2 days weekly travel to London Paddington - the rest is remote.
A passionate, creative, self-motivated Senior Software Engineer to help design, develop and deploy full stack software solutions. The successful candidate will be able to build high-quality, innovative and performant software, to drive engineering standards across the team and organisation. Help to improve working practices and become a valued leader in the engineering community.
- Experience/Exposure to TDD/BDD
- Relational DB/Document DB (i.e Mongo)
Key accountabilities and measures
- Collaboratively solves problems and communicates technical decisions through tech-talks, articles and?white-boarding?sessions?
- Can work completely independently, without having to rely on other ream members to make progress or resolve blockers
- Inducts new team members; provides coaching and mentoring to other engineers
- Participates in the recruitment process including sitting on interview panels and reviewing technical tests?
- Evangelises clean, quality code within the team?and the organisation
- High level of engagement when architecting and developing new software. Constantly looking at challenging the status quo, and improving our platform??
- Takes accountability for the technical quality of team's output as a whole. Being thoroughly involved from architectural and system design sessions to code review and in evaluating performance in production.
- Drives engineering conversations. Always speaks with confidence and is seen as a thought leader by the team?
- Actively seeks to work with the wider technology organization, engages in cross functional engineering forums and displays genuine interest to learn more about the big picture of our platform
- Takes responsibility of the team's backlog as a whole
- Consults business stakeholders on the best approach for delivering complicated features, both in how it can be split and sequenced, and in terms of potential improvement to the functional requirements
- Naturally puts themselves forward for challenging tasks
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Scheme, includes Dental Cover and the option to add a family member
- Death in Service Insurance
- Permanent Health Insurance
- My Car Lease - Salary Sacrifice Scheme.
- 22 days annual leave in a FY + 8 public holidays.
- 2k London allowance to all London based candidates
*Please note the role does not offer Sponsorship
We are Disability Confident and neurodiverse aware. If you have a disability, please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with your recruitment process