Prospero Teaching are currently seeking a Teacher of History to work at an SEN school in the Taunton area, which caters for children with Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs.
At Prospero Teaching, we are partnered with mainstream schools, Alternative Provision schools and Pupil Referral Units (PRU), and local councils and SEND Teams across Somerset.
The school are in need of an experienced History Teacher who is able to deliver dynamic lessons to help the students' progress towards their goals. As well as planning and delivering the KS3-KS4 curriculum, you would also be required to keep track of students' progress and provide a positive environment for them to progress. You will be working with students with u difficulties and Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs on a full-time basis to cover a maternity leave at the school.
The successful candidate will be a qualified History/Humanities Teacher (with UK QTS), and will ideally have previous experience working with children and young people with complex mental health, SEMH, challenging behaviour, ADHD and/or EBD.
Meetings and Interviews will be conducted as soon as possible, so please call or email a copy of your CV to to be considered.VACANCY DETAILS:
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Location: Taunton
- Position: History Teacher
- Contract: temporary, potential to go long-term
- Hours: full-time, 8.20am - 4pm
- Start Date: ASAP
- End Date: TBC
- Pay Rate: £100+ per day (negotiable)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Qualified Teacher with a PGCE and QTS status
- Experience working with students with Special Educational Needs (ideally in an SEN setting)
- Strong understanding of special educational needs
- Resilient, charismatic and compassionate
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year - Prospero can provide this
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you're looking for an exciting new role, please contact the Children's Education Services Team on for more information or send an up to date copy of your CV to !