is recruiting an innovative Adult Skills Manager
to manage and develop the growth and quality of its Group Adult Provision. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, working 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. In return, we will offer a competitive salary of £43,352 - £47,377 per annum.The Chichester College Group
is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 5 Colleges based at Chichester, Crawley, Worthing, Haywards Heath, and Brinsbury near Pulborough which is land-based. Through our Colleges, we educate and train around 25,000 full and part-time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.In return for joining us as our Adult Skills Manager, we will offer you:
Key Responsibilities of ourAdult Skills Manager:
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership, plus more
Our ideal Adult Skills Managershould have the below skills and experience:
- Developing and driving the strategy for the adults in the Group, incorporating the relevant local, regional and national priorities.
- Representing the Vice Principal and Director of Sales, Marketing and Communications at relevant meetings locally and nationally and providing briefings.
- Preparing information or monitoring reports for the Group Leadership Team on AEB allocation targets and presenting information to senior leaders of CCG and external parties as relevant.
- Influencing and informing the curriculum strategy for Adult Education to deliver the AEB allocation.
- Planning and implementing relevant training for delivery, admissions and MIS teams based on recommendations from research and best practice.
- Defining and shaping the strategic view on target setting and data reporting.
- Ensuring students and staff voices are heard and utilised to further develop a quality Adult provision.
- Preparing bids to ensure the creation of educational opportunities by accessing additional funding streams.
- Attending regular meetings with the Vice Principal Chichester to identify outcomes from Head of Learning meetings and to plan monitor and provide support to meet college targets for Further Education.
- Attending Progress Reviews, operational planning and budget meetings in order to coach and mentor curriculum managers in the development of adult curriculum.
- A degree or HND qualification
- Level 2 literacy, numeracy and ICT
- A Certificate in Education or Post Graduate Certificate in Education, or equivalent
- Experience of raising curriculum quality standards and learner experience
- Experience of leading and managing strategy and of leading and managing curriculum areas delivering adult education
- Experience of leading and managing business and curriculum development across multiple sites
- Experience of responsibility for supervising or managing a team
- Experience of leading and managing of complex funding challenges and physical resources
- Experience of working with external organisations
- Detailed knowledge of the AEB funding rules to achieve annual Education and Skills Funding Agency funding allocation mitigating against clawback
- An understanding of contemporary educational issues that impact adult learner engagement with education and their learning and provide solutions
- An understanding of Equality Act 2010, safeguarding obligations and health and safety, relating to students and curriculum delivery
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Thursday 7 October 2021Interview date:
Thursday 21 October 2021
If you would like to learn more about our Adult Skills Manager
role then please click 'apply
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.