Title: Cloud Architect Location: LondonSalary: up to £85,000 + bonus + excellent benefits Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility
My client, a market leading software company are looking to increase their Architect team in London to work with some of the world's biggest banks. The company are an award software management house and are very highly respected within their field.
As the Cloud Architect you will be responsible for maintaining and scaling complex cloud services, as well as improving scalability, reliability, capacity and performance. You will use automation extensively to design, configure, manage, and monitor systems in support of our product development teams. You will be working with all technical teams on production using CI/CD pipelines. You will be required to work with cutting edge technologies to expand their product portfolio, you will play a key part in both technical and client successes.Your key day-today responsibilities will include:
- Working collaboratively with the other architects and specialists to determine the appropriate architecture, technologies and choices whether in cloud or on-premise
- Developing architectural and design principles to improve performance, capacity, and scalability of the product.
- Hands on with assisting the development team
- Working with DevOps specialists to facilitate continuous deployment as and when product releases are created and Customers own DevOps pipelines deploy those releases.
Basic Qualifications & Experience
- Working with other stakeholders and end Customers to understand end user tasks and requirements, migration strategies and deployment options.
- Experience of working within a technical lead / architect role
- Background within a development role would be desirable but not essential
- Experience designing and implementing solutions.
- Hands on experience of cloud deployments (open to AWS, Azure or GCP experience)
- Experience of evaluating, selecting and coordinating technology choices.
- Experience of containerization, orchestration, scaling and updates as part of a CI/CD pipelines
**please note that unfortauntely my client cannot offer sponsorship for this role**
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.