Are you a global Telecommunications Procurement Manager who is passionate about ensuring the highest carrier management and procurement processes are in place? Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, as the Head of Carrier Relations, you will be responsible to lead Epsilon's Carrier Management and Procurement Function. Leading a team is based in Singapore, Bulgaria and London your role is to support the development of the function and team members. The individual owns supplier and partner development to provide Network connectivity, space & power requirements. This role will drive growth and maintain our data network and data centre related services at the very core of the global cloud ecosystem.
The individual will own and manage the Carrier Management team with Epsilon's core objectives in mind; you will be developing both new and maintaining existing supplier relationships alongside a drive to improve the supplier's service and commercial performance where possible.
Working across Epsilon you need to be a confident multitasker to support the broader procurement function globally.
Epsilon (part of the kt Group of companies) has a small, dynamic company feel, yet backed by the security of being part of a large Telecoms organisation.
Specifically your duties will be:
Skills and KnowledgeEssential Skills
- Set the direction, prioritisation and goals of the Carrier Relations department whilst ensuring alignment with the businesses needs
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with Carriers and Data Centre suppliers in the international Telecommunications wholesale business
- Negotiate major contracts with the relevant carriers and maximise business potential with customers / prospects.
- Maintain close relationships with other organisations such as competitors, Telehouses and vendors to stay abreast of market developments.
- Conceptualize solutions and services and negotiate prices and terms with the relevant carrier(s) in the identified country to ensure that customer requirements are best met considering Epsilon's margin and profit targets.
- Coordinate interaction for various members of the Top Management in strategic meetings to further enhance multi-level bilateral ties,
- Instil best practice into own and wider organisation with respect procurement practice.
- Lead cross functional programmes focusing on process improvement, cost savings and other initiatives to improve cost competitiveness and efficiency.
- Work with various internal stakeholders to identify current and potential issues and to proactively address them by jointly working with suppliers for a resolution.
- Own the process of invoice validation and dispute management by working closely with Finance team and other Epsilon Suppliers.
- 10+ years experience in Telecoms sector
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of leading a team, preferably in multiple locations - you will be responsible for around 8 staff at Epsilon
- Ability to consistently demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with customers, suppliers and colleagues in a professional and constructive manner.
- Comfortable prioritising own and departments workload in a complex and dynamic environment ensuring deadlines are met and deliverables are to a high quality
- Service orientated, ensures the department provides exceptional service to internal and external customers
- Highly proficient in planning and organisational skills
- Experience in working with both carriers and vendors
- Demonstrate good analytical, problem-solving skills and able to think strategically
- Demonstrate skills in tough negotiating with a gentle approach to relationship building
- Experience in Oracle is preferred
- Diligent, accurate and conscientious
- Supportive and cooperative nature
- Systematic & Detail oriented
- Able to work across time zones in a multi-cultural environment
It is essential that you are already living in the UK and able to go to the London office around twice a week whilst Covid restrictions allow.
Other people might call this role a Global Procurement Manager, Global Purchasing Manager, Head of Procurement, Head of Global Procurement, Head of Telecoms Procurement, Head Of Carrier Management,