PR Senior Account Executive / Account Manager - TechnologyLondon & home workingAbout us:
We are April Six, a Marketing and Communications agency with 20+ years of experience. We exist to make moments that matter, for the brands that are shaping the future. We work with some of the most exciting, forward thinking technology, science and mobility brands in the world today. We are 120 talented strategists, creatives and client managers located across the UK, Europe, North America and Asia.About the role:
We're currently recruiting for a PR Senior Account Executive or Account Manager (experience dependent) to join our technology team. Focused on clients within the blockchain, artificial intelligence, cyber security, and IoT space, we're looking for someone with genuine enthusiasm and passion for the work we do here, so we'll want to hear why working in technology gets you excited.
As part of your day-to-day responsibilities, you'll play a driving role in the delivery of high quality PR results for our current client base, landing media and influencer coverage as well as developing social media content. You'll encourage a culture of excellence amongst our team, setting an example for and nurturing more junior members of the team.
To deliver, you'll need excellent B2B technology PR skills including good press contacts at the technology trade and national press, and an ability to communicate the benefits /issues-led press materials and great communications skills. You'll also be a flawless writer and experienced with social media, always keeping one step ahead of developments in the space.
For this role we're looking for an entrepreneurial character, someone who can think creatively and is driven by developing and working on campaigns that have a business impact on their clients, someone who is able to provide a logical, measured and confident voice to both clients and internal stakeholders.
At April Six, we're an open-minded team always on the lookout for fresh ideas; whether that's in the work we produce or a way of working. So if you've got an alternative viewpoint on something we're all ears. Key responsibilities include:
Ideal experience / characteristics required:
- Day-to-day contact for clients on accounts.
- Ensuring regular client contact from members of the account team and making sure the client is up-to-date on the performance of the team and the results generated, through structured and appropriate reporting.
- Ensuring positive results are clearly and quickly reported to the client and the wider organisation in which they work.
- Management of team performance, allocation of activities/projects and delivery of reports.
- Mentoring and supporting junior members of staff.
- Line management of junior staff.
- Tier one media relations activities.
- Social media planning and implementation.
- Event management and planning.
- Identifying opportunities for account growth (organic growth).
- Part-running of new business pitches and presenting to prospective clients.
- Planning account activity and hours every month.
- Managing client budgets and ensuring that team members are completing all tasks within budget.
And in return?
- Highly organised with the ability to understand the complexities of overseeing a variety of client accounts and relationships.
- Experience of managing more junior team members in order to deliver agreed KPIs in line with client expectations and agreed timelines.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to produce accurate and engaging copy for clients.
- A solid grounding in media relations and possesses a clear interest in following the news agenda of the day and identifying ways to influence it.
- A successful and proven track record of pitching stories to national, trade and online media.
- Previous experience managing social media campaigns and the ability to demonstrate how social platforms have been utilised to meet clients' corporate objectives.
- A passion for new and developing technology.
Apart from working with a cracking bunch of people, we have a number of initiatives to help nurture our talent as well as some nice perks to make life a little easier.
Is that it?
- Room to Grow appraisal system with individualised growth objectives and real time feedback
- Professional development plan - we look to support creative skills growth with internal support and coaching, alongside online and in-person training and courses
- 28 days' holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Health Care cash back scheme
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Pretty much. Although it's worth knowing that in addition to all of this, April Six is part of The Mission Group, a collation of 13 multi-disciplined, entrepreneurial agencies that include integrated, multi-sector agencies and specialists in particular markets. We employ 1,100 people across 25 offices in the UK, Asia and the US.
April Six embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We're an equal opportunity employer and to reflect our global position, we embrace best practice approaches to diversity and inclusion in the regions where we operate.