FINANCE EXECUTIVE: JOB OPPORTUNITY IN BRISTOL/REMOTEAbout LOQBOX
At LOQBOX we're on a mission to end financial exclusion. We believe everyone deserves the chance to build a better financial future, and we've built a really smart way to help people do that.
We're a young, rapidly expanding startup business looking for the best talent to join us on our global scale-up journey. We launched in July 2017 and so far we've:
- Helped over 300,000 people improve their financial future
- Launched into the UK and US markets
- Won a BIMA award for digital-driven marketing
- Won Digital Impact award for financial inclusion
- Become one of TechNations top 20 Fintechs
- Been named by Lloyds in their top 3 Fintech innovators
- Established partnerships with TSB, RBS, NatWest, Starling, StepChange, ClearScore and MoneySavingExpert amongst others
In order to run our core member journeys at LOQBOX, we are required to hold members' funds as well as other balances, such as interest-free loan receivables. To maintain control, daily processes and reconciliations are required. You will ensure the completion of these processes, supporting the finance manager in the overall daily banking and accounting process.
As we launch new products for our members, we will need to design new finance processes. You will work closely in a cross functional team to deliver these processes, with a focus on identifying finance controls.
LOQBOX has global aspirations. In July 2020, we came out of pilot in the US having officially launched at the end of 2019. You will work closely with the Staff Accountant in the US to complete daily reconciliations, and improve the processes as the US member base starts to grow.
The finance team is critical to the success of this business. Ad hoc tasks will arise both inside and outside the finance team where you can add value. You will be asked to help out with new projects and issues as they arise. What kind of finance function are we building?
The LOQBOX finance function is:
Requirements to perform responsibilities
- Structured. The organisation of the team who help build it will be crucial to this.
- Innovative. We need people who have creativity and the ability to embrace and drive change.
- Accessible to the wider team. Communication within the finance function but also with the wider company will help this.
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA (at least part qualified) or other relevant financial management qualifications.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest mass amounts of data.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- High attention to detail and results focus.
Bonus points/nice to have:
- Experience with startups / high-growth companies.
- Experience with cloud accounting.
- Experience in banking, payments or financial services.
All previous experience will be considered if the candidate feels it is relevant and can justify this, the more diverse the better!Benefits
You will have the opportunity to make a huge impact in one of the UK's most exciting FinTech companies. You will also have access to:
- Competitive salary - based on your level of experience,
- Curate your career with development experiences uniquely suited to you, as well as access to an annual £500 learning fund,
- A day off for your birthday and if you move house, in addition to 25 days paid holiday,
- Monthly lunch and learns sessions,
- Mentoring from industry leaders and part of the SET Squared accelerator programme,
- Location can be remote with access to an office in the heart of Bristol with team social activities.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through work in startups.