We have a diverse client portfolio at The Kite Factory and you will be working on a mixture of leading not-for-profit, B2C as well as sport & leisure advertisers. The senior account manager will report directly into the account director and they are expected to be a leading figure in creating, enhancing and analysing media plans across their account groups underpinned by clear strategic thinking. Working collaboratively with their team, the role spans the process through from briefing to delivery and reporting. The Senior Account Manager will generate media ideas, identify target audiences, and use relevant insight to interpret a media strategy into a media plan. We're driven to deliver the best outcomes for our clients. This mean a successful candidate will be analytically minded and will continuously analyse, interpret, and act on campaign data to inform in-campaign decision making as well as future campaign planning. You will also be expected to coach and mentor direct reports to develop progression plans. The Role
- Demonstrate strategic thinking which can translate into media implementation.
- Evolve existing ways of working to take client success to the next level.
- Build an understanding of your client's marketing operation, from market context to their internal workings to establish yourself and TKF as a true partner.
- Provide coaching to the account executive and senior executive when required.
- Attend and lead client meetings where appropriate.
- Negotiate with media owners ensuring you deliver the very best value to your clients.
- Manage client reporting - collating data across teams and / or media platforms to create actionable insights.
- Lead the charge in creating meaningful post campaign reviews that include relevant insights and key learnings for the client
- Be the lead day-to-day contact with client counterparts
- Strive for excellence in your work and bring others along with you
- Expectation to contribute to broader agency initiatives to keep TKF on the cutting edge of progress in the industry.
- Have a good understanding of the agencies commercial agenda and contribute in areas you can affect.
Media Owner & Supplier Facing
- Lead strategic thinking for your clients business.
- Interrogate client briefs to ensure a high-quality planning and results.
- Have an expert understanding of your clients overall business dynamics
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients & agency
- Create trust with clients to get onboard with your thought leadership.
- Feed insight and fresh thinking
- Maintain and strengthen media owner relationships across all media types
- Have the necessary confidence and skills to negotiate effectively, driving the agencies commercial agenda and the success of your clients
- Represent The Kite Factory at media owner and supplier functions
- Proactively support your team in ensuring regular day to day work is delivered
- Build positive relationships with team members
- Demonstrate a curiosity and willingness to share ideas with the wider team
- Have a point of view and be confident enough to share this with your manager and department.
- Be comfortable with holding both junior and senior stakeholders accountable for the quality of work produced.
Essential Skills and Attitudes
- Respond to clients in a timely manner with regards to all enquiries
- Be insight and strategy led
- Understand internal structure of clients marketing operations
- Interpret media strategies into effective media plans
- Demonstrate effective negotiation
- Manage process from briefing to plan delivery and reporting
- Contribute to new business when required to do so.
- Ensure all work delivered is accurate and of the standard expected by The Kite Factory
Systems and Tools
- A supporter and contributor to company initiatives - get involved!
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and numerical ability - particularly excel
- Energetic, determined and proactive
- Fostering good team dynamic and team spirit across the agency
- Enthusiastic, determined and resilient
- Demonstrate effective time management skills
- Strong understanding of media terminology and concepts
- Have the ability to plan across the whole media mix
We would expect a high level of Excel and PowerPoint expertise and it would be an advantage if you have a high level of experience using any of the following;
- TGI / Touchpoints (IMS)
- AdDynamix / Ad Intel
- Google Analytics