Our client is an imperative investor of the finance industry and are renowned globally as the leading market maker in the world of finance.
They are looking for a Senior SRE with a strong background with Python development, data structure, algorithms, distributed systems or large scale systems.
They need an SRE to join the team in London to provide a bridge between the software and operations team globally between Hong Kong and New York. Ultimately the ideal engineer will need to be a hands on problem solver with an automation mindset.Responsibilities:
- Guarantee that the platforms and applications are consistently available at a high level
- Lead the task for automation to problem solve repetitive task for system issues
- Investigate and deploy engineering solutions high profile incidents
- Lead and influence the SRE principles to other teams
- Be a team player and provide support and ensure applications are production ready
- Background in either: Computer science, data structures, algorithms, OR distributed systems
- Proficient in either Programming languages - Java, C++, Python, Or Golang
- Comfortable with a variety of tools and practices (testing, source control, build systems, CI/CD etc)
- A basic working understanding of TCP/IP networking, LAN and WAN as well as Linux networking
- SQL and database experience a strong plus.
- Experience with building and managing highly reliable large scale systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit
- A passion for learning, adapting to changing requirements and technology and inventing new approaches to hard problems
- Working with world class talented engineers who are the top 1% in the world
- Great compensation - Highest earning potential on the market for base and yearly bonus.
- Gym membership is covered
- Family health insurance
- Expenses for food is covered
- Start-up atmosphere - Build it and drive it methodology