- You'll play a leading role in ensuring that the team delivers a high standard of compliance advice and support across all businesses covered
- Broaden your regulatory knowledge and understanding and develop in a strategic, proactive role which supports the management of the bank's risk profile
What you'll do:
This Compliance Manager role will see you helping to develop and manage our compliance and conduct policies so that we can make sure they are fit for purpose and meet the relevant regulatory expectations.
You'll be assessing existing and proposed financial plans and policies to make sure the bank's financial administration is efficient and effective, as well as identifying areas of concern, bringing significant variances with supporting detail to the attention of management.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
- Providing regulatory compliance and conduct insight, oversight and challenge in relation to relevant business units, ensuring compliance arrangements
- Contributing to the assessment of the conduct strategy for the relevant business units to make sure it's consistent with, and supports, an effective regulatory framework
- Providing regulatory advice and analysis in relation to relevant business initiatives, bespoke projects, transactions and investigations to ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations
- Supporting colleagues to provide input on regulatory policy and conduct risk strategy, as well as the implementation of the conduct framework, including MI, reporting, governance, training and culture
- Helping identify potential or actual conduct and compliance risks and ensure appropriate escalation, remediation and mitigation to manage risks back within appetite
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll have experience in a compliance, conduct or risk management role or similar relevant experience. You'll have knowledge of the regulatory environment and its frameworks, and ideally experience of interpreting regulatory rules and regulations.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Product advisory or regulatory experience
- The ability to manage and influence business stakeholders
- Proven conflict resolution skills
- A strong understanding of conduct risk management principles
- Good knowledge and an understanding of the risk and compliance operating environment, associated policies, procedures and protocols
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey complex issues and concepts in a clear and concise manner