Based in the UK you will be responsible for risk & compliance management and will develop & maintain regulatory compliance policies and carry out ongoing monitoring and investigations on merchants, business partners and other vendors across the business. You will also be the Global Head of Compliance & Financial Crime, thus in the short term you will remotely manage any issues in the African countries already operating in, then recruit & oversee locally based Heads of Compliance & Financial Crime, whilst also assisting with licensing applications in new African territories (and the USA) & eventually hiring local Heads there too. Reporting to the experienced Board members based mainly in Africa, responsibilities will include;
- Run the AML, Compliance and Internal Controls functions
- Build working relationships with the FCA, FOS and UK law enforcement agencies as well as the Regulators in those African countries already operating in
- Advise all staff on new rules and regulations;
- Maintain policies and procedures in accordance with regulatory requirements and corporate governance guidelines;
- Work together with marketing and communications to ensure that all public communication matches
- Implement controls and work together with marketing and customer support to ensure that compliance requirements are met
- Drive new opportunities for the business from a compliance angle
- Drive global licensing efforts including the acquisition of licenses across Africa (& the USA)
- Recruit then manage local African based Heads of AML & Compliance as the business grows whilst staying in direct charge of UK (and later US) activities
You should have solid UK AML experience with both a good understanding of African culture and how general business approaches (including regulatory) differ from Europe & the UK. You should also be able to operate at a strategic level, advising the Founders, Board & VC backers whilst still able to roll up your sleeves and carry out the detailed work yourself. Any legal background and/or experience of licensing useful but more important are strong relationship management skills, able to work well with the local Regulators already licensed with as well as those yet to be approached. NB This role is WFH currently but as the London office grows will likely be a flexible 50/50 (so may suit childcare arrangements etc). Also, as you need senior policy & procedural review experience including controls, please do not apply if only have CDD/KYC or Sanctions exp, although please do see our other CRS roles advertised looking for such experience
Great opportunity to join this exciting and worthwhile organisation at the beginning and use your experience to contribute to their growth following a commercially successful whilst compliant path.
So, if that sounds like you, then please send your details to Gary Collins in the first instance email@example.com (Including a contact number & email) however please note due to Covid we cannot reply to all applications so only successful applications will be contacted (although under no circumstance are your details ever passed on without your specific permission).
Compliance Recruitment Solutions Limited (CRS) are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Through application, all candidates signify their acceptance of the above information and confirm that the information they provide is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge.