An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our firm as Legal Assistant to the Chief Executive, Qamer Ghafoor.
Qamer specialises in complex commercial litigation, arbitration and dispute resolution; his practice covers a wide spectrum including commercial and contractual disputes, insurance, insolvency, partnership and shareholder disputes, professional negligence, banking and finance. He is frequently instructed on cases involving both domestic and international disputes, including multi-jurisdictional disputes.
Qamer is highly-acclaimed for his commercial dispute resolution work by several leading legal directories. He has been annually acknowledged by The Legal 500 as one of the UK's top commercial litigation solicitors since 2007, who describe him as an "A-star litigator with a case-handling mentality which is equal to city firms".
In 2012, Qamer became the only lawyer in the East Midlands to be recognised as a 'Leading Individual' in The Legal 500 and one of only two elite lawyers to be listed in their 'Hall of Fame' for commercial litigation. Qamer is also consistently recognised as a 'Leader in Field' by Chambers and Partners.
Amongst other awards and accolades, Qamer's team has been recognised as 'Litigation Team of the Year' and 'Legal Recovery Firm of the Year' by Credit Today and 'Regional Firm of the Year for Insurance Litigation' by The Legal 500.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with good academic qualifications and a strong degree of commercial acumen to develop their career.
This role will suit candidates who have a genuine desire to progress in Commercial Litigation and work closely with the Chief Executive on caseload and other projects. Key Responsibilities
- Working closely with Qamer on a wide range of complex commercial litigation cases.
- Conduct legal research and present findings to the Chief Executive and clients.
- Creating drafts of documents such as letters of advice, and written submissions.
About the Candidate You will
- Analysing and summarising evidence and case law succinctly.
- Preparation and review of key documents
- Attend meetings or liaise with clients regularly.
- Keep up to date with all developments on individual cases.
- Effective file management, file progression and prioritisation of key tasks.
- Provide administrative support where required.
- Ensure matters are kept up to date in systems and new advancements are communicated to the relevant team members.
- Record all time in the case management system, Tikit, including non-billable activities.
- Supporting business development, when required.
- Take on additional tasks as reasonably required by the Chief Executive.
Have a law degree (2.1 or higher) or other legal qualification. Have completed the Legal Practice Course or Bar Practice Course/Bar Professional Training Course. Have a minimum of 3 A levels at grade AAA or AAB.
Possess excellent communication skills.
Possess excellent presentation skills.
Possess excellent organisational skills.
Have a sound knowledge of IT systems and processes, such as the Microsoft suite.
Demonstrate a meticulous approach with great attention to detail.
Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure, often to tight deadlines and be able to prioritise tasks effectively.
Demonstrate excellent research skills.
Be a hard-working and highly motivated individual with the ability to work cohesively as part of a wider team
Disclosure will be required in the event that a position is offered.