The post holder will support the work of the VTQ Policy team in relation to development of policy approaches, consultations and related activities, with the goal of ensuring that Ofqual secures qualifications that are fit for purpose and have the greatest overall benefit for users, including students and learners and the wider education and training system.Client Details
As England's independent regulator of qualifications, examinations and assessments, Ofqual's job is to maintain standards, to make sure that qualifications accurately reflect the knowledge and skills people have attained through a range of different learning methods.
We work with other Civil Service departments across the spectrum of education to deliver on our priorities and to ensure the best possible outcomes for learners in England.Description
Coventry / flexible working
The team are seeking a policy manager
to join the Vocational and Technical Qualifications (VTQ) directorate, on an 18-month fixed term basis.Key requirements of the role include:
- Supporting development of appropriate regulatory approaches in reformed VTQs that are clear, coherent and evidence-based, as well as strategically aligned.
- To contribute to the development and analysis of policy options for different areas of VTQ.
- Commissioning and supporting the analysis of quantitative and qualitative research, information and evidence from various sources to enable effective decision making.
- Helping to build strong and positive external relationships with a range of key stakeholders to inform the development of appropriate VTQs.
- Dealing with queries received from a range of teams on the organisation's VTQ policy position and providing advice on approaches to manage or deal with issues that have arisen.
Coventry / flexible working
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary work to achieve objectives
- Experience of delivering priority work within strict time lines
- Able to provide effective line management and / or project team management to achieve objectives
- Strong ability to work flexibly, managing changing and competing priorities
- Able to systematically analyse information to produce clear recommendations that can be understood by a non-technical audience
- Able to use evidence and judgement to solve problems, test options and create new approaches
- Ability to identify, analyse and take action to effectively manage risk, in line with Ofqual's risk framework
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to communicate complex and technical information with clarity
- Able to challenge and influence others, to contribute professional and technical expertise to effective decision making
- Able to build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, to work collaboratively to achieve objectives
- Ability to understand Ofqual's strategic context and shape work to contribute to the organisation's priorities
- Able to communicate strategic priorities to others and enable them understand their contribution to those priorities
Ofqual is a rewarding, dynamic place to work. The team strongly encourages flexible working and personal learning & development.