Our Client is a world-class, globally renowned Commodity business with a truly global reach; this role exists within the Energy Trading business which trades various products including Oil & Gas.
The successful candidate will work as part of the broader Risk Management team and form a newly created mid-level management team responsible for and dedicated to trading desks/products. The successful candidate will benefit from a career in a fast-paced Commodity trading environment, with great exposure to traders and the Senior Management team.
Whilst continuous Risk/Product Control training will be provided (if required), the candidate will bring strong technical skills from a current/previous career spent in a Top 4 Accountancy/consultancy firm and/or commodity trading house. The successful candidate will enjoy a prove yourself culture with lots of exposure to the Front Office and Senior Management. A background in commodities, specifically oil and/or gas is an advantage but not essential.
The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter who is keen to get involved and is able to work without close supervision. The successful candidate will be technically able and highly personable with a strong desire to achieve the highest standards.
Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- To work closely with the traders and operators to ensure accurate and timely entry and maintenance of physical and derivatives trades in the reporting systems.
- Daily P&L production and reporting
- Month end, quarter end, and year-end closing of the books, Day to day activities including posting month-end journal entries, clearing open items, preparation of account analysis and reconciliations.
- Review of trial balance reports.
- To assess accuracy and aptness of marks-to-market and monitor and report positions and profit-and-loss, providing commentary where necessary.
- To monitor pricing exposure and ensure that hedging is executed in line with the trading team's requirements and company policy.
- Contribute professional judgment on financial matters, and on ways of improving the controls and processes.
- Functional managerial duties for small team including graduates.
- The successful candidate will have a degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent.
- A numerical degree is an advantage.
- Coding knowledge (VBA and python) is desired.
- Current/previous work-based experience gained within a Top 4 Accounting practice/consultancy and/or commodity trading house.
- Commodity experience, specifically oil and/or gas is desired however not required.
- Commercial acumen and good eye for detail, with strong academic background
- Good communication and team player skills
- Self-starter, with the ability to work collaboratively, but also as an independent contributor.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to motivate and mentor more junior members of the team.