Exciting AAT Trainee position with Top 20 Accounting Firm
Negotiable, Dependent on Experience
Permanent, Full-time Your new company
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Top 20 firm of Chartered Accountants based in Newbury, Abingdon, Hungerford and Swindon. They are ambitious people, united in their mission to be exceptional accountants and business advisers delivering seamlessly integrated client service. Your new role
This Trainee role involves preparing sole trader, partnership and small limited company accounts, alongside draft tax computations for income and corporation tax. In addition, the role involves managing a portfolio of VAT and bookkeeping clients.
The role includes:
What you'll need to succeed
- Preparation of accounts from client's prime records to a draft stage using accounting software (Digita Accounts Production)
- Drafting business tax computations and preparing draft CT600s
- Bookkeeping for clients using spreadsheets or cloud accounting software such as Sage, Xero and QuickBooks
- Preparation of management accounts
- Preparation of submission of VAT returns
- Answering client phone calls / emails and helping with queries
- Time management and prioritising urgent work
- Complete timesheets on a weekly basis
- Develop and apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with clients and other members of staff
- Reception cover when required.
No accountancy experience required, however 280 UCAS points or equivalent B grade or above in GCSE Maths and English is essential.
Additionally, you'll have:
What you'll get in return
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Self motivated
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
- Business Motor Insurance if required to drive to other premises for work purposes
Alongside a competitive salary, you'll also benefit from a comprehensive benefit package. This includes hybrid working, enhanced holiday with the option to purchase more, a wellbeing programme, healthcare, pension and life assurance. This is complimented by support with up to 2 professional subscriptions and a cycle to work scheme.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.