Assistant Financial Accountant, Part qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA, 3-month fixed term contract, Luton, £160 per day
A new opportunity for an Assistant Financial Accountant on a 3-month interim contract
. This role is working for an instantly recognisable business based in Luton. Availability to start ASAP is paramount.
This is a pivotal role within the team which has primary responsibility for the accurate accounting and control of UK&I intercompany entities. The job holder will need to have excellent interpersonal skills as building relationships and knowledge of business processes is critical to the overall achievement of this role. In addition, the job holder should be a self-starter, competent with systems and possess well developed organisational and problem solving skills.The position:
You will be:
- Monitor workflow in the run-up to period end for documents that have not been approved and work closely with the various business units to understand whether an accrual is required
- Reconcile the intracompany 'funding' position at month-end, correct any underlying accounting and 'match & consolidate' transactions. Work with business owners to ensure any differences are corrected and prepare/issue the monthly Treasury cash settlement form.
- Reconcile the intracompany 'trading' position at month-end, correct any underlying accounting issues to resolve any differences
- Own and run the daily Hyperion Mismatch, timing differences and disputed items reporting during the month-end cycle. Ensure reports are circulated to all relevant parties for follow-up and action
- Carry out in-depth reconciliations, follow up and resolve differences by working with the various business units to resolve. Highlight any outstanding and un-resolved balances for subsequent high-level control action
- Carry out monthly group level intercompany balance reconciliations for submission into Trintech (BS reconciliation database) which meets our internal (COSO) and external audit control requirements
- Provide a supporting role to cover for absence, on fixed assets & WBS
- Collaborate closely with CE colleagues in developing consistent 'ways of working' and potentially enabling the ability to provide cross border support in exceptional circumstances
- Actively challenge existing processes for continuous improvements and identify areas for automation via process change or robotics
- Management and coach two direct reports
- Qualified or Part-qualified accountant from a recognised accounting qualification
- Self-starter, able to work using their own initiative
- Strong systems, process & analytical skills
- Well-developed problem-solving skills
- Personable, with strong communication skills both written and oral
- Curiosity and resilience - able to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced, and international environment
Please apply now for more information and a conversation with the Consultant looking after this role.