Are you a qualified Careers Advisor?
Do you have strong communication skills with experience in Business networking?
REED Education in Oxford are supporting a large secondary academy who are looking to appoint a permanent part time Careers Advisor within the school to deliver a careers service to their student. The role is term time only 3 full days a week; working hours are 8am - 4pm.
You should have the knowledge and skills to prepare young people for further education, training, apprenticeship and recruitment opportunities in the open market, and career event management skills. Organising your own workload will be essential, you will establish and maintain links with support agencies; work with students face to face and in group settings; with excellent IT skills to deliver an excellent and relevant careers advice service to years 7 - 13. The successful candidate would be expected to attend parents' evenings, options evenings and exam results days during the summer months.
The successful candidate will have;
- Relevant careers qualification (qualified to Level 6 in Careers Guidance and Development)
- Have excellent communication and business networking skills
- Evidence of professional development
- Confident, hardworking and resourceful
- Be able to work under pressure
- Work with pupils with confidence
- Have a flexible nature
- Be a great team-player
- Ability to prepare and present presentations with confidence to a variety of audiences
- Excellent IT and database skills
If this is a opportunity for interest to you and your available immediate for interview, please click "Apply Now" and our lead consultant will be in touch to discuss in more detail.