We currently have an opportunity available for an Apprentice Laboratory Data Scientist
to join our team working in Exeter.
The apprenticeship involves undertaking study while working and will transition into a full-time role upon completion. In return, you will receive acompetitive salary of£12,600 per annum in the first year, rising to a maximum of £18,900 per annum in year 2, plus benefits.South West Water
is part of the Pennon Group, a very successful and stable business that prides itself on sustainability. We provide reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for a population of c. 1.7 million in Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset.
We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today's residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Responsibility for the environment is central to this. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers.Our core values which are essential to our success are:
- Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
- Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
- Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
- Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We're one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition. In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits which include free car parking at the majority of our sites, company Sharesave Scheme, and various health benefits.About the role of our Apprentice Laboratory Data Scientist:
You will assist with support for the Laboratory Information System and other software tools which underpin all the Laboratory's operational activities. To contribute to data retrieval, analysis and reporting from these software tools in support of all sections of the Laboratory.
The Laboratory Data Scientist apprenticeship is typically a two-year programme set at an appropriate level according to previous qualifications. You will be required to participate in either a level 4 or level 6 data analyst apprenticeship in Exeter (Exeter College or University depending on level).Responsibilities of our Apprentice Laboratory Data Scientist include:
What we are looking for in our Apprentice Laboratory Data Scientist:
- Participating fully in an apprenticeship programme including college study days as appropriate
- Assisting with technical support for LIMS, AQCtools, and the Laboratory Data Centre (LDC), the key software tools utilised by the Laboratory analytical and quality management sections
- Assisting with support for static data like analysis codes, worksheet templates, test schedules etc., in LIMS
- Assisting with report generation for various aspects of Laboratory performance, deriving data from LIMS
- Assisting with Quality Control reporting from AQCtools
- Assisting with data inputting of Proficiency Testing data, and the analysis and reporting of this data
- Contributing to the management of the Laboratory quality management system through interaction with the LDC
- Assisting with advising and communicating with internal and external customers on static data and reporting matters as appropriate
- Investigating opportunities to optimise processes
- Assisting with planning and testing software developments and upgrades
- Undertaking any other duties as required within the broad purpose of the job
- A level education including one or more of Mathematics, Sciences, Computer Science
- Proven Track record of working to deadlines
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload
Thursday 7th October
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply
now to be considered as our Apprentice Laboratory Data Scientist
- we look forward to receiving your application.